Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best and easiest fuel setup to handle about 500hp on a 2v?

I know most people switch to 03-04 cobra tanks. But don't wanna blow so much doe . So my question would a Svt focus pump plus a BAP handle a lil under 500hp. Or would I have to go twin pumps?

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Easiest and probably cheapest... Kurgan 340lph or Stryker 340lph pump and you might need a BAP.

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
Cheapest is to buy a 03-04 cobra fuel hat with pumps. There is one on here for sale for a 100$. Break the basket out of your tank and put them in there. Most people say to stay above a 1/4 tank but I went below that with wot pulls with no issues.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Easiest and cheapest often conflict. I would go with a Kurgan 340 lph pump.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Cheapest is to buy a 03-04 cobra fuel hat with pumps. There is one on here for sale for a 100$. Break the basket out of your tank and put them in there. Most people say to stay above a 1/4 tank but I went below that with wot pulls with no issues.
I'm the one selling it! So buy it!

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I am running a Svt focus pump and bap and it is maxed out at 6500rpm at 498rwhp. I would recommend skipping the svt focus pump and going with the kurgan 340lph or stryker 340lph pump with a bap and you will be good for over 500rwhp.

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
55# injectors - 255 LPH in tank pump - or 340 like everyone says. I would say ask who every you will have tune your car their advice but the above should be fine.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool thanks for everyone's input. I ended up going with this setup:

03/04 cobra fuel tank- 03/04 cobra twin pump hat-twin ford gt pumps-40a kennebell bap, dual fpdm-80# fuel injectors

In case I ever get to 700 I should be pretty set and got a good deal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts