Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on what I should do to my fuel system to support that much power? I'm close to maxing out what I have right now - dual cobra pumps + 40amp BAP + wiring upgrade + modded FPDM. It's at 93% duty cycle and I'm at less than 500rwhp.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Something has to be wrong there. Dual cobra pumps with 40a bap and wiring upgrade is enough to support an 03 cobra and a twin screw. I know people running close to 600rwhp with that setup. But if you're going to switch, go return with twin Jay Racing modified GSS342 pumps. So more or less, lethal's twin pump return system with you supplying the pumps. And make sure to try to get an 03 cobra tank to prevent fuel starvation.

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
I'm going for a 600-700hp fuel system on my build.
Here's what I'm planning:
dual GT pumps
wiring upgrade
dual FPDM
60lb/hr injectors.

Edit:
Returnless is a possibility, but personally I find very expensive. See Glenn's performance or Lethal performance.
A sumped/baffled tank is also a good idea at high power levels. i.e. Cobra tank.

It may or may not be what you're looking for in your setup, just my plan.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Something has to be wrong there. Dual cobra pumps with 40a bap and wiring upgrade is enough to support an 03 cobra and a twin screw. I know people running close to 600rwhp with that setup. But if you're going to switch, go return with twin Jay Racing modified GSS342 pumps. So more or less, lethal's twin pump return system with you supplying the pumps. And make sure to try to get an 03 cobra tank to prevent fuel starvation.
Everyone tells me something is wrong with my setup because I make way less HP than everyone else with the same fuel system but I can't find anything at all. I wish I could figure it out. I guess dual supercar pumps and another FPDM should do it?

·
Registered
998 Posts
well I just spent $1800 today on my fuel setup. This is what I bought today

I am planning on making around the 600-700 rwhp mark and this should get me there. I bought the dual FPDM's, Cobra Tank, FORE Hat w/dual super car pumps, braided lines, FORE fuel rails, and a couple other goodies. I also got the stock cobra pump assembly with it all as well, so I think I did good. :)

·
Registered
998 Posts
Everyone tells me something is wrong with my setup because I make way less HP than everyone else with the same fuel system but I can't find anything at all. I wish I could figure it out. I guess dual supercar pumps and another FPDM should do it?
UUMMMM..... have you checked your tank lately? I would check your fuel lines in the tank and make sure you don't have a leak. I have seen where the original fuel lines would actually get small cuts.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I think you have a choke point in your fuel line I was running 80% with about 475 HP on the motor running with a pair of super car pumps. I pulled the tank and sure enough line was kinked, you should look at that before spending a bunch of money on a new set up. You can cut the fuel lines and put some steel line in place to eliminate the kinks.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I think you have a choke point in your fuel line I was running 80% with about 475 HP on the motor running with a pair of super car pumps. I pulled the tank and sure enough line was kinked, you should look at that before spending a bunch of money on a new set up. You can cut the fuel lines and put some steel line in place to eliminate the kinks.
:withhomo

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
What was your duty cycle after the fix?

Also upgrading your fuel lines from the pump to rails will help reduce the pressure drop.

·
Registered
205 Posts
^that looks like a mess. Lol but I would go return style on any car. I think it's worth it personally. But thats just because I like the ease of tuning that comes with a return system. Also, check your fuel filter. That would affect the duty cycle as well.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
well I just spent $1800 today on my fuel setup. This is what I bought today

I am planning on making around the 600-700 rwhp mark and this should get me there. I bought the dual FPDM's, Cobra Tank, FORE Hat w/dual super car pumps, braided lines, FORE fuel rails, and a couple other goodies. I also got the stock cobra pump assembly with it all as well, so I think I did good. :)
holy **** you paid to much lol...you could have went return style and thats with a cobra tank...with all brand new ****..and that includes the pumps and a fore hat with dual pump setup,line,regulator,rails...

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
You can build a return style that will support all your hp needs with a sumped tank for less than trying to upgrade the stupid returnless.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
mustang46, have you had your car tuned with the turbo yet?

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
UUMMMM..... have you checked your tank lately? I would check your fuel lines in the tank and make sure you don't have a leak. I have seen where the original fuel lines would actually get small cuts.
It's all brand new lines. The cobra pump setup I dropped in was brand new. I've had the focus pump, supercar pump and now dual cobra pumps and for each of those setups I was maxing out the pumps way faster than other people.

I've checked the lines to see if they were kinked multiple times and they were always fine. Is there another restriction point?

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^that looks like a mess. Lol but I would go return style on any car. I think it's worth it personally. But thats just because I like the ease of tuning that comes with a return system. Also, check your fuel filter. That would affect the duty cycle as well.
I've already replaced the fuel filter with a Steeda high flow filter.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts