Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car left me stranded for the first time in 4 years. Thankfully I was only a few miles from home with a truck and trailer.

Drove it around all day long without even the slightest hiccup. All of the sudden I pulled a uturn and the car started sputtering and AFR went completely lean. Coasted into the parking lot and started looking around and got a check engine light code (P0191 I think) for a fuel pressure sensor. Wouldn't start back at all. I had a friend listen under the car for the pump priming and it isn't. I had a pressure of 5.5 or so according to my SCT. I bled the Schrader valve and the psi went down on the tuner so I'm assuming that either the fuel pump is dead or I have an electrical issue to the pump. Is there anything else that it could be? Car is back home but I'd love to get it running since its still on the trailer.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Check your inertia switch in the trunk. It probably isn't that but where you were making a uturn it is slightly possible. Most likely you fuel pump took a dump

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, no more guessing. Dropped the tank (I despise doing that) and got the pump out, hooked it directly to 12 volts and it's bad. I'm pissed. I'll never buy an AEM pump again. 16 months and 2,000 miles with a decent duty cycle best I remember. Should have listened to CJackson lol.. Live and learn

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Well, no more guessing. Dropped the tank (I despise doing that) and got the pump out, hooked it directly to 12 volts and it's bad. I'm pissed. I'll never buy an AEM pump again. 16 months and 2,000 miles with a decent duty cycle best I remember. Should have listened to CJackson lol.. Live and learn
I have to pull my AEM out as well. After Only 10k miles

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's seriously pathetic. I am truly disappointed in it. Summit offered 20% off the next pump which was very nice of them considering it is out of warranty. I think the next one is DivisionX 340. You don't have to do a retune right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts