Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you guys know where I can buy a fuel tank pressure sensor? I have looked everywhere. Went to the dealer they said it was discontinued, and tried autozone they had the wrong part. Is there a way I can by pass this? Because I cant seem to find the part nowhere.

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
Honestly I've never heard of it. Where is it mounted?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my check engine light came on and the code was 0453 . I have changed the gas cap no luck. Its right on top of the fuel tank connected by 2 hoses

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
What year is your car?

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
There's a few things that it could be. This might help. Pulled from AllDataPro.com

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
From what I'm reading it's probably your FRPS.

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it was fine until I had the fuel pump replaced that's when it started acting up. I had checked it and saw that the connector from the fuel pump that connect to it had broken. I tried to tape to get it to stay in but no luck. so I know it pretty much tha sensor

·
Registered
3 Posts
it was fine until I had the fuel pump replaced that's when it started acting up. I had checked it and saw that the connector from the fuel pump that connect to it had broken. I tried to tape to get it to stay in but no luck. so I know it pretty much tha sensor
THIS! I know it's been six years since your post but I've had the same issue in my '03 GT. 18 months ago my fuel pump went out and when it was replaced I swear the mechanic's did something wrong because the check engine light came on and they couldn't diagnose it. 2nd mechanic shop did and said it was the pressure sensor like yours. To now avail I've tried to find one and like you may have to replace the tank to get the part, sighhh. Did replacing the tank assembly eventually fix the issue?

·
Registered
335 Posts
do you guys know where I can buy a fuel tank pressure sensor? I have looked everywhere. Went to the dealer they said it was discontinued, and tried autozone they had the wrong part. Is there a way I can by pass this? Because I cant seem to find the part nowhere.
Is this what your looking for?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3779376&cc=1385636&jsn=1103

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2001,mustang,4.6l+v8+sohc,1385636,fuel+&+air,fuel+injection+pressure+sensor,6376

1 - 13 of 13 Posts