Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
87, 89, or 91 octane

What should I run? (i'll have it tuned for it)

Car is basically stock performance wise

for the time being i'll be using bama tunes, i was thinking using 87 just due to the gas prices right now, but also 89 if it offers enough gain for the price, same basically with 91 but the price is so high and only climbing

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I'm personally running 89 at the moment due to gas prices (89 is cheaper than 87 here). I personally didn't notice enough of a different from 89 to 93 to feel it was worth spending the extra money at the moment. If I was you, I'd stick with a lower octane unless you have some extra money you're just itching to spend.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so 87 street tune:) yeah gas is killing me

on a side note, how many miles is a stock filter generally good for?

should i upgrade to a k&n drop in? and remove the air silencer?

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
so 87 street tune:) yeah gas is killing me

on a side note, how many miles is a stock filter generally good for?

should i upgrade to a k&n drop in? and remove the air silencer?
i just run the factory filter until its dirty then replace it....i do enjoy a drop in filter though. had one in my last v6....and no silencer is a must

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just run the factory filter until its dirty then replace it....i do enjoy a drop in filter though. had one in my last v6....and no silencer is a must
yeah thats what i'm planning to do, im asking if when its time to replace, whether or not i should use a drop in, and i thought that you shouldnt remove the silencer without a drop in?

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
yeah thats what i'm planning to do, im asking if when its time to replace, whether or not i should use a drop in, and i thought that you shouldnt remove the silencer without a drop in?
when it comes time to replace i'd just go to ebay and look for a $50 CAI...it'll run the same as a K&N drop in and you'll have a bit of a cleaner engine bay. if you don't to wait for it to ship then sure buy the K&N...if you've got the money enjoy whatever you'd like

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
^Or go with the AM CAI for $75. Same thing as the ebay ones but AM is generally pretty good about shipping fast. I don't really have any complaints about mine besides winter is harsh on it :dunno

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
^Or go with the AM CAI for $75. Same thing as the ebay ones but AM is generally pretty good about shipping fast. I don't really have any complaints about mine besides winter is harsh on it :dunno
either way they're all the same lol and that's the key

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
am's is usually on sale for 60

whats the computer code for a 2001 v6 auto?

the sticker on my door jam was beat up, it looked like it read 0X2

should i just look at the computer itself behind the kick panel? do you just pull that tab out? and then you can peel the plastic back?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
am's is usually on sale for 60

whats the computer code for a 2001 v6 auto?

the sticker on my door jam was beat up, it looked like it read 0X2

should i just look at the computer itself behind the kick panel? do you just pull that tab out? and then you can peel the plastic back?
There are lots of different codes for an 01 v6 auto. Look on the computer itself. They're usually 4 digits if I recall correctly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts