Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm saving up for a set of FRPP heads and I'm thinking of increasing my nitrous to a 100 shot. Would I be gambling with my engine or am I still some what in the clear?

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
full bolt on , cams, and heads usually sets these cars around 370 rwhp. so with a 100 shot of nitrous your probly in the range of 460-480 rwhp would be my guess. make sure you have a good tune and the one step colder spark plugs. i'd get an wideband afr guage too to keep an eye on things

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just got done putting heads on my car and am now pretty much full bolt on and made 382/357 hp/tq std and 371/347 sae corrected and pretty much ran the same question past my tuner.He recommended a seperate tune and plugs for nitrus and no more than 100 shot for what its worth.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
As long as your ignition timing is not too aggresive, you should be fine. You have to back off the timing anyways for the nitrous but at that level it has more to do with the tune being good.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got done putting heads on my car and am now pretty much full bolt on and made 382/357 hp/tq std and 371/347 sae corrected and pretty much ran the same question past my tuner.He recommended a seperate tune and plugs for nitrus and no more than 100 shot for what its worth.
What heads did you get? That's pretty impressive.

I already have one step colder plugs and a really good tuner locally.

·
Registered
86 Posts
scott milner coupe performance.com down in the Atlanta area did the heads. Look him up, old school car guy, no flow bench just" knows how the air moves" is what he told me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I picked them up from someone who changed direction on their car for a deal but if you look on his website he'll do 2valve heads w/ valvejob for 800 and 4valve heads w valvejob for 1000. Call him up, I spoke with him to verify that he did my heads he's very personable

1 - 10 of 10 Posts