Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it will vary depening on lift/duration but has anyone gone this route? What kind of E/T's were accomplished and what were your specs. Is low 12's unreasonable?

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
I don't remember who did it, but someone managed to sneak 348 rwhp n/a out of their 2v. To bust into the 12s, I suggest upgrading the suspension and working with some bolt-ons and rear gears. Nitrous is a nice thing to throw on there, too. If you really want to dig into the heads, go for it- the gains aren't that big unless you get a different head (these 2v heads flow like ****). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
806 Posts
the 348 was done my acmiler(spelling)

but that was with a lot of work and custom cams

with the right suspension, built rear, full bolts on, cams/heads

you should hit low 12s easily

·
Registered
347 Posts
well you can either get new heads from patriot or others of the like with upgraded springs and the whole. or you can get the ported and polished for a lil cheaper and get the springs and stuff as well.
i know the patriot stage 2 heads are like 14-1500 bucks but for p&p heads it just depends on where you get em done.

the reason acmillr was able to get 348rwhp is cuz he raised the compression of the stock motor as well as the custom cam.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Low 12's with ALOT of weight reduction....mid/high 12's possible...

I have 2 buddies,

1) 2001 GT 5-spd
Mods:JLT CAI, Accufab 75mm TB+Plenum Combo, MotoBlue Pullies, MSD COP, Mez.Elec Waterpump, Tubualar K-Member, Coil overs, 90/10's, Longtubes, X pipe, SLP LM2 CB, 4.10's, Comp Cams 262's, stock heads, and stock intake,alum.driveshaft,spec 3 clutch,and dyno tune...Dyno#'s:307rwhp and 313rwtq. Best ET:12.6 not sure on MPH, on Prostar front runners and ET Streets on the rear launching at 5k.

2)98 GT 5spd
mods:Explorer Alum.Block, Stock Heads, Stock Intake, VT Stage 2 Cams, Accufab 75mm TB+Plenum Combo, JLT CAI, Steeda UD Pullies, Tubular K w/Coil Overs, Adj.Struts,Longtubes,X pipe, Borla Catback,Spec 2 clutch,alum.flywhel,4.30's, Built Rear,rear seat delete,AC/heater delete, gutted trunk, DYNo Tune 300rwhp, launching at 5k on ET Drags, 12.3 @ 112.

i hope i didnt leave out some mods...oh well....there ya go.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Low 12's with ALOT of weight reduction....mid/high 12's possible...

I have 2 buddies,

1) 2001 GT 5-spd
Mods:JLT CAI, Accufab 75mm TB+Plenum Combo, MotoBlue Pullies, MSD COP, Mez.Elec Waterpump, Tubualar K-Member, Coil overs, 90/10's, Longtubes, X pipe, SLP LM2 CB, 4.10's, Comp Cams 262's, stock heads, and stock intake,alum.driveshaft,spec 3 clutch,and dyno tune...Dyno#'s:307rwhp and 313rwtq. Best ET:12.6 not sure on MPH, on Prostar front runners and ET Streets on the rear launching at 5k.

2)98 GT 5spd
mods:Explorer Alum.Block, Stock Heads, Stock Intake, VT Stage 2 Cams, Accufab 75mm TB+Plenum Combo, JLT CAI, Steeda UD Pullies, Tubular K w/Coil Overs, Adj.Struts,Longtubes,X pipe, Borla Catback,Spec 2 clutch,alum.flywhel,4.30's, Built Rear,rear seat delete,AC/heater delete, gutted trunk, DYNo Tune 300rwhp, launching at 5k on ET Drags, 12.3 @ 112.

i hope i didnt leave out some mods...oh well....there ya go.
That's pretty impressive for the non-PI car. He would definately see 11's with PI heads and intake. I plan on everyone of those mods including the VT Stage 2 cams. We'll see how it goes. Low 12's is my quest.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Ooops, didnt explain myself...he has an Explorer Alum.Block w/PI Heads and INtake...and VT Stage 2 Cams.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Ya... Sean Hyland built an "00 GT Daily Driver" Says in the book that it does 12s, Comp cams and JBA heads looks like all the suspn mods and every bolt on you can do..4:10 gears alumn fly wheel drive shaft beffed up rear end but no nitrous or any other power adder on the car. Theres a hole list of the mods i can type them up if you really want to see them.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
theres somone i know @ fortress performance that had an 03GT with all the suspension mods and stage 3 patriot heads and z racing cams, or something like that, and it ran 390rwh with some 3.73's and it did like and 8.6 maybe in the 1/8th. i dont have the exact numbers but can get them if you want, i know its ballpark though.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
the cams had .550 lift or maybe .575.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I know it will vary depening on lift/duration but has anyone gone this route? What kind of E/T's were accomplished and what were your specs. Is low 12's unreasonable?
What are your current times?Mine are in my sig and they were done with stock gears and stock tires with just bolt-ons.My 60's are horrible at 2.12 being with my fastest pass.But with stock gears i don't expect to get them much better without getting some of the weight off the front to help weight transfer and thus traction.

·
Registered
387 Posts
drgnracing runs 12 flat on motor

·
Registered
852 Posts
+1 and only 305 rwhp & Nitto DR's

Slicks would get him into the 11s
As a estimate where do you think my mustang is sitting at?

I have done: Mac LT headers / Cated Xpipe / Pypes Exhaust / Steeda CAI / 3.73 gears / Diablo Tuned / Stage 1 cams

edit: I was thinking 250-270rwhp range if that. I dont know how much a big jump the exhaust system makes.

·
Registered
387 Posts
drgnracing also has a full built motor and runs 8.5:1 CR, the car is fast and he can row that thing. i raced him at the track one night, he shelled 2nd and still ran a 12 sec pass.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What are your current times?Mine are in my sig and they were done with stock gears and stock tires with just bolt-ons.My 60's are horrible at 2.12 being with my fastest pass.But with stock gears i don't expect to get them much better without getting some of the weight off the front to help weight transfer and thus traction.
Actually I just ran it tonight. JLT CAI, MAC Catback, and MGW

60' 2.143
E/T - 13.9
MPH - 99.78

That's the stock H-pipe and I still have all of my cats.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
You live close to sea level don't you?You being that much closer to sea level makes for alot better air vs the only track within 45mins of me being 900 plus feet above sea level.Good job though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts