Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did a full detail on the Cobra. Well today I am going to strip the wax that is on it, re-polish, glaze and finish with some Autoglym HD! I just bought the HD yesterday, finally! I will also be doing a full detail on the fiances car. Not going to do a correction because we are going to trade her car in this summer sometime. But I am going to clay, polish, glaze and wax. Not going to use my Autoglym on her car though. May use the Mothers synwax Ive got sitting around since Im not goiong to use it on my car anymore and would like to use it up.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
you'll love the wax! i wish i could apply using my PC, but it's worth the effort applying by hand!

i'm kind of mad, i want to detail some cars! i like taking bad shape cars and then restoring the paint and seeing the before/after!!!! make all the work worth it

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so you just kept your pad moist....are you sure you got enough wax on?!?
I absolutely loved the autoglym HD! I will make a thread tomorrow, but in the mean time I posted some pics in the pic section. It came out amazing!

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Yeah, a lot of waxes will recommend getting the applicator slightly wet. I usually just take some water on my fingers and rub it into the pad. After a few times it's just perfect. I'm sure he's sure he got full coverage. ;)

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had no issues with removing it...I acctually thought it came off pretty easy. I applied it very thin. Did you maybe put it on a little thick?

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats strange. I loved it and will continue to use it until I find somthing better. I havent really heard anyone else say anything bad about it.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
yea that really is weird...never had an issue either

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I ended up doing a bit more than I had planned. I spent all day Saturday on mine and all day Sunday on the fiance's.

I wasnt completely happy with the correction I had done to mine several weeks ago. I rushed through it a bit because I was trying to get it ready for a show. So I decided to do another full correction and take my time to get out every imperfection I could.

I used the Menzernas power gloss (orange pad), power finish (green pad) and super finish (blue pad)...followed by Mothers Glaze and Sealant (by hand). Then finished with Autoglym HD (also by hand of course)...that **** is amazing!

I did the same thing to her car but I finished it with the Mothers Synwax. IT still came out great. Her car has never looked that good. Not even when it was brand new.

results are as follows:

And her car:

Close up of hers:

Now I've got to finish the interiors this week...

I think I get better and more efficient with the DA every time and the results are showing. What do yall think?

Also, what products should I start looking at if I want to step my game up in the future? I definately want to try out some BFWD next time on my car.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I am sure man, Autoglym states to keep the pad moistened when applying it;) Once my photobucket is up again I will show you the pics.

Yeah, a lot of waxes will recommend getting the applicator slightly wet. I usually just take some water on my fingers and rub it into the pad. After a few times it's just perfect. I'm sure he's sure he got full coverage. ;)
:yes

So I ended up doing a bit more than I had planned. I spent all day Saturday on mine and all day Sunday on the fiance's.

I wasnt completely happy with the correction I had done to mine several weeks ago. I rushed through it a bit because I was trying to get it ready for a show. So I decided to do another full correction and take my time to get out every imperfection I could.

I used the Menzernas power gloss (orange pad), power finish (green pad) and super finish (blue pad)...followed by Mothers Glaze and Sealant (by hand). Then finished with Autoglym HD (also by hand of course)...that **** is amazing!

I did the same thing to her car but I finished it with the Mothers Synwax. IT still came out great. Her car has never looked that good. Not even when it was brand new.

results are as follows:

Now I've got to finish the interiors this week...

I think I get better and more efficient with the DA every time and the results are showing. What do yall think?

Also, what products should I start looking at if I want to step my game up in the future? I definately want to try out some BFWD next time on my car.
Very nice job man both look great. I have BFWD and AG HD both give their own affect on black but JL told me that when combined its one of the best looking combos you can get I never got to try it because I got Cquartz on my ride but now since its been removed because the bodyshop "detailed" it and put holograms and swirls all over it, I will either decide to recoat it with Cquartz after a full correction or put a coat of BFWD then follow it up with AG HD from some serious protection. I might sell the GT and get a terminator in sonic blue, so thats why I might not re coat it with Cquartz.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I am sure man, Autoglym states to keep the pad moistened when applying it;) Once my photobucket is up again I will show you the pics.

:yes

Very nice job man both look great. I have BFWD and AG HD both give their own affect on black but JL told me that when combined its one of the best looking combos you can get I never got to try it because I got Cquartz on my ride but now since its been removed because the bodyshop "detailed" it and put holograms and swirls all over it, I will either decide to recoat it with Cquartz after a full correction or put a coat of BFWD then follow it up with AG HD from some serious protection. I might sell the GT and get a terminator in sonic blue, so thats why I might not re coat it with Cquartz.
Thanks a lot Danny! Get the Termi...you wont be disappointed!

Will the BFWD look better than the Menzernas Power lock under the HD? I think I am going to go ahead and order some BFWD with my next order so Ive got it on hand next time I do my car.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Will the BFWD look better than the Menzernas Power lock under the HD? I think I am going to go ahead and order some BFWD with my next order so Ive got it on hand next time I do my car.
I never tried Powerlock but after researching it a bit and seeing it applied from pics of detailers at DB I cant see any difference nor do others really notice any. I got BFWD because Powerlock hadn't came out at the time. I would consider either one just personal preference really. I have heard that BFWD lasts a bit longer than Powerlock. I have noticed alot of the pros tend to opt for Powerlock but they usually apply two to three coats then either leave it at that or top it with a carnauba. I personally had 2 coats of BFWD and it lasted me about 5 1/2 months in El Paso desert conditions. But you know how it is man I doubt your going to wait as long as I did to recoat your termi with something else or strip it and put a fresh new coat on... so get whichever is cheaper or what you think you would like more. :yes

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
you should polish your cat back

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I never tried Powerlock but after researching it a bit and seeing it applied from pics of detailers at DB I cant see any difference nor do others really notice any. I got BFWD because Powerlock hadn't came out at the time. I would consider either one just personal preference really. I have heard that BFWD lasts a bit longer than Powerlock. I have noticed alot of the pros tend to opt for Powerlock but they usually apply two to three coats then either leave it at that or top it with a carnauba. I personally had 2 coats of BFWD and it lasted me about 5 1/2 months in El Paso desert conditions. But you know how it is man I doubt your going to wait as long as I did to recoat your termi with something else or strip it and put a fresh new coat on... so get whichever is cheaper or what you think you would like more. :yes
Cool, thanks man. I will probably try the BFWD next. Maybe 2 coats followed by some HD.

you should polish your cat back
That's on the agenda. It's just gonna have to wait till I've got a free weekend.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Cool, thanks man. I will probably try the BFWD next. Maybe 2 coats followed by some HD.

That's on the agenda. It's just gonna have to wait till I've got a free weekend.
No problem and polishing your exhaust tips takes only a few minutes man you, can do it after your next wash :yes

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No problem and polishing your exhaust tips takes only a few minutes man you, can do it after your next wash :yes
Not just the tips...I polish those all the time. Im talking about polishing the entire catback since you can see it under the IRS. Its gonna take a while and be a pita!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Not just the tips...I polish those all the time. Im talking about polishing the entire catback since you can see it under the IRS. Its gonna take a while and be a pita!
wash with zep citrus at 1:2 then #0000 steel wool followed up by some mothers mag and aluminum polish then mothers billet or optimum metal polish

1 - 20 of 30 Posts