Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
there's a tech section?
19,648 Posts
That looks really nice.
There's just something about white. Always looks so good.
Did you dip it yourself?

·
She Gone
230 Posts
Very cool! I'm partial to the black, though! :D

It is nice to be able to paint your car a whole different color and just peel it off when you're tired of it. Plastidip FTW :thumb:

·
A Zombie
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup dipped the whole thing myself in a buddies garage, I'd say it took 3.5 hours, Not hard at all.

I agree I love the black, it'll be nice to enjoy white but then it will fosho get peeled, the matte white looks sick though with the roof black :)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Looks good zombie. Didn't even pick up that the roof was black still at first. I would never have the patience to take 3.5 hours to dip my car.

·
A Zombie
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good zombie. Didn't even pick up that the roof was black still at first. I would never have the patience to take 3.5 hours to dip my car.
It goes by quicker with friends, but yeah holding that gun for that long is annoying, and refilling the cannister over and over. Also It took longer than normal I think because of the white I went over it a lot, any other color I'm sure would cover better.

·
Official Thread Killer
10,460 Posts
I wanna make mine matte white one day. I take a picture every now and then that looks like it is matte... And it always makes me want to go pick up an hplv gun and just go ham on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When trying to do white over black its best to do grey first. Sounds retarded but you end up using less paint. White is thinner then other colors so it takes more coats for coverage then any other color and being thinner its more prone to run so you can't apply as much in the first few coats thusly making the process longer as well.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the white and its prob my next color (I'm color changing Chameleon now) but if you want something special that not everyone has do a top coat with some interference pigment in either blue or purple or green if thats your thing. You can just clean and prep the surface and spray over the white. It's a little trickier to shoot but just make sure you over lap about 40-50% and you'll be fine. No I'm not a painter I'm just obsessed with plastdip

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
It looks good in the pictures OP, but in the video it looks like a poorly painted picket fence. No offense to you or anything but this just drives it home that plasti dip looks like trash and doesn't belong on cars, or anything that isn't the handle of a hammer.

·
A Zombie
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It looks good in the pictures OP, but in the video it looks like a poorly painted picket fence. No offense to you or anything but this just drives it home that plasti dip looks like trash and doesn't belong on cars, or anything that isn't the handle of a hammer.
No honestly it needs another coat, going from black to white requires a lot of coats im sure you can imagine, and I only had 3 gallons, a 4th was really needed to get that extra coverage.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Why..is..the..pony..green.
From the last time I dipped it, and it was black/green.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Got me some covers, and I love em'

1 - 14 of 14 Posts