Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys.

So I was looking into possibly getting a shaker system for my baby and saw that it uses the stock intake and remains functional itself. Now my question is this. Has anyone installed a functional shaker system and put it with an aftermarket CAI like from Air Raid or JLT? If so, were there any issues with size/fitment and getting a proper tune to work with it?

I've always loved the shaker look, blame it on the old Mach 1's from back in the day. So if I could actually get one of these to work with an aftermarket CAI that'd be awesome.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
322 Posts
mine needed a little modification.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Well it's not really functional in that it is not a sealed system. It basically is the same as any of the ram air hoods.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have 2008 gt with jlt and cdc shaker, easy mod for $20 from autozone flexible black hose you can fit to side of the heat shield. just use a hole saw for correct diameter hole and pull thru and attach other end to shaker.

·
Ole Red
272 Posts
Yea i have the shaker with a steeda cai and the only thing that was tricky was getting a hole in the stainless steel head shield. We had to use a knockout set to get a whole through it. Other than that it works fine.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In doing that did you guys notice any drops in power compared to what you'd normally get with just an aftermarket CAI? Or maybe there was improved airflow from the combination?

·
Registered
322 Posts
you just want it to be "functional" or else it might be rice ;) lol

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
I've got an extra shaker and various mounts with plumbing. 300 bucks for the shaker. Email me if interested
[email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts