Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I have an idea...I wanna make my hood scoop functional...take out the plastic honey comb...get an aluminum ring the is the same od as it the hony comb and rivet fine stainless mesh wire to it...cut some holes under the scoop that channel in to a fiberglass channel under the hood dumping right over the CAI.... And some slits in the bacl of the scoop for water to exit when it rains

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
ehh man i dunno if it'll be worth it at all. you're just gonna soak your underhood and filter when it gets rainy outside, and it's really not gonna add that much i wouldn't think. for on track stuff just take out the headlight.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ive seen pics of a guy who had like... a Flap that he could open and close, if your going to do it i would do it that way for the reasons the other guy said. Also... it doesnt sound very efficient, pushing air all the way up to the front of the bay... You might actually lose numbers...

Too bad they dont just make a kit for ours like the Fox's had with the underbody scoop.... They dont right?

Im with you on the whole being different thing though. regular people will never have the time or money to maintain the meanest stangs in the world... so why try

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
why not just buy a mach :dunno

·
Registered
648 Posts
Ive seen pics of a guy who had like... a Flap that he could open and close, if your going to do it i would do it that way for the reasons the other guy said. Also... it doesnt sound very efficient, pushing air all the way up to the front of the bay... You might actually lose numbers...

Too bad they dont just make a kit for ours like the Fox's had with the underbody scoop.... They dont right?

Im with you on the whole being different thing though. regular people will never have the time or money to maintain the meanest stangs in the world... so why try
They do make a kit like that for the new edge look at latemodelrestoration.com.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
ehh man i dunno if it'll be worth it at all. you're just gonna soak your underhood and filter when it gets rainy outside, and it's really not gonna add that much i wouldn't think. for on track stuff just take out the headlight.
Actually it doesnt get as wet as you think.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i done it and i keep having the problem of the scoop flexing when i am going down the track, it ****ing sucks! it damn near ripped off my scoop at 100 mph

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mr sinister no need to be a ass hat.... And I didn't see no kit for it at latemodelrestoration.com I'm just gonna end up getting a cowl

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Mr sinister no need to be a ass hat.... And I didn't see no kit for it at latemodelrestoration.com I'm just gonna end up getting a cowl
Asshat? Get the **** outta here with that ****.

Just buy a cowl. Cutting up the stock scoop isn't worth anything besides just something to do.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well come on the sarcasm was unecesary and I hate sarcasm of that manner... And the only real thing I figured it would do was just get me some better mpg since I was gonna have cooler air feeding the motor... And before I thought of channeling it over to the air box I was just gonna have it dumping right under the scoop to move air maybe... I was gonna get the scoop fiber glassed down to the hood...but I don't know...I like how our cars look with the scoop that's why I don't wanna jet the hood for a cowl

1 - 20 of 26 Posts