Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Not a Vert
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New motor. MMR longblock. Ideas of what the issue might be? :bubba: yay...now I get to wait another month before I can drive my car.

Appreciate it fellas.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Sounds like something be bangin' dawg. No good.

·
Not a Vert
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...just my ****ing luck :bubba:. Getting sent back to mmr for a nominal shipping fee of 1, 000 round trip fml. Just looking for a bit of input.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
I've had horrible luck trying to pinpoint knocks/bangs in modulars as the harmonics are horrible. Those timing chains route noise all over the damned place. I'd pull it apart before I sent it back and I paid that much for shipping. Hate the bad luck for you though.

·
Not a Vert
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would if my car was remotely close to me. Its sitting in a shop two hours away because I was in school when my engine decided to take a **** on me and didnt have time to do any real work myself. I could have a loval machine shop take a look but that could potentially be hit and miss. It would also void mmrs warranty. I appreciate the sympathy.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Good luck, keep us posted.

·
Lexus FTW
4,411 Posts
Maybe timing chains, Ect. Idk hard to tell. Only reason I say that is because it seems just as loud if not louder from the front

·
Lexus FTW
4,411 Posts
Well I say that because Mine sounded similar when I first stated mine from buildings it. One the chain tenstioners got oil flowing thru it tightened everything up

·
Not a Vert
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Possibly hope! You've got no idea how happy that makes me :lol.

Azure machs thread about his termi had a reply and someone said they had something similiar happen and it ate up the cylinders. Scarrryy

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
No sound here at work so no help from me. I'll take a listen when I get home but doubt I'll still be able to help.:facepalm:

Keep us posted on what you find out thou. I'm planning to buy a MMR shortblock in about 2 weeks and would like to know what's up. BTW, if it $1k to ship round trip from KC I'll probably **** myself when I see the shipping charge 1 way to NY. :baller:

·
Not a Vert
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No sound here at work so no help from me. I'll take a listen when I get home but doubt I'll still be able to help.:facepalm:

Keep us posted on what you find out thou. I'm planning to buy a MMR shortblock in about 2 weeks and would like to know what's up. BTW, if it $1k to ship round trip from KC I'll probably **** myself when I see the shipping charge 1 way to NY. :baller:
Oh I appreciate any advice/opinions/help I can get man. They were verrrryyy far behind. I don't know if they still are but if time is something on your mind it'd be something I consult. I'd also snag the extended warranty if I could do this over again. It covers shipping ffs.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Well with winter upon us and my garage being nothing more then a tent for a car, time isn't too rushed. I'd be happy with the middle to end of March for a delevery date. I'll be contacting them at the start of next week to see what's what.

·
Lexus FTW
4,411 Posts
Yeah I would say do it soon. I've heard some crazy stories. I think 2-3 months is the norm for them to get one out to you

·
Not a Vert
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think it took around 4 months for me. I'm just really impatient :dunno. Anyways I'm thinking of calling the shop and asking them to let it run for x amount of time to see if the sound subsides? Perhaps if it doesn't I'll see about a compression test..?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts