Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When im driving slowly i can heard this weird noise from the right side of my car i believe thats on and off...it almost sounds like a dog wagging its tail is hitting my door lol. i have no idea what it is, i moved stuff around in the backseat and took things out and nothing changes. what on the outside could it be...? its not very loud its just starting to bug me lol

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
is their any correlation between speed of the sound and speed of the car?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...i cut my rear springs more lol but i tightened the **** out of them. ill check tomorrow. usually when im going slow i hear it more

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have a strange noise as well going slow, seems like its coming from the left front of the car. When driving slow i hear metal to metal contact, nothing loud and can only be heard when the driver side window is down but it's annoying me not knowing what it is.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I have a strange noise as well going slow, seems like its coming from the left front of the car. When driving slow i hear metal to metal contact, nothing loud and can only be heard when the driver side window is down but it's annoying me not knowing what it is.
sounds like its break caliper scrubbing rotor?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wrr is it a squeak noise that only happens once in a while? my front left does this because i have no isos. could be that.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Not a squeak, it only happens when i hit any kind of small bump or pothole. If i'm on a completely smooth surface going 25 i won't hear it, if i hit any kind of imperfection on the road it'll make the sound.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Not a squeak, it only happens when i hit any kind of small bump or pothole. If i'm on a completely smooth surface going 25 i won't hear it, if i hit any kind of imperfection on the road it'll make the sound.
could be SOOOO many things... maybe a heat shield rubbing, a hung up caliper, ball joints(more of a clunky sound).

sound clips or videos would be fantastic.

honestly the best thing to do is to find a mechanic or another knowledgable friend and take them for a ride and get a second opinion. weird sounds are more easily figured out by multiple people.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
a dog hittin ur car with its tail?? ur car is possesed my friend :O
but im hearing a chirping from my back right tire... ive tightened the wheel, caliper everything and nothin helps. any ideas?

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
hey im helpin u get more hits man!

·
Registered
291 Posts
mine did the same thing, if its a squealing noise, i cant help ya.....BUT if its a thud or pop, i can tell you right now your strut is out, time for a new one

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mines a little squealing noise and its just because i have no isos. the metal on metal makes an ugly noise when you hit bumps. anyone wana respond to my post now lol

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
the ultimate fix for an american car that makes sounds is to upgrade your stereo system. go get some bumpin speakers and a new head unit and all you'll be able to hear is the sweet melody of miley cyrus

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Hahaha PARTY IN THE ****IN USA

1 - 18 of 18 Posts