Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It only makes the noise when I am turning right and accelerating at the same time.

It really doesnt sound like the tire is rubbing on anything.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its hard to describe.

it only makes the noise under hard acceleration, i let off the pedal and it stops

It doesnt matter if the engine is cold or warmed up

its like a metallic sound

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
could be a tie rod end or ball joint issue...sounds like a suspension part that is related to steering on that side...get the tire off and take a really close look

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, there was a suspension system installed when i bought the car, its dropped like 2 inches...

could be related?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
ohhhh yeah, lol see if it has solid tie rod ends, but from what your saying i would almost be willing to bet that it is ball joint on that side...when you drop these cars more than about an inch, you mess up the geometry of the suspension setup. does your car have CC plates on it?

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
if it's such a funny sound then film it and send it to america's funniest home videos and win some money

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
just imagine how funny bwals car <<< sounds...we all have horsepower that mf is measured in unicorn power

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Sounds like tubular k-member with adjustable
coil over kit.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
was thinking that doc...you beat me to the draw with the pics there

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thats a no on the first pic doc and a yes on the second one, as far as the part you can see from looking under the hood, not sure if its the coil over or not

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
where your coilovers should mout on...does it look aftermarket? like is is shiny and looks adjustable?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts