Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been working on this 86 GT with updated wiring for a mass air conversion. I installed a 255lph fuel pump in the car after a rear main seal fix and now the fuseable link that runs the fuel pump heats up and burns out. The only thing I can think of is that I grounded a wire out on the fuel pump but can't figure out how. The guys that worked on this car before have a spaghetti mess of wires going to the solenoid. A little background, there is a Vortech inline pump which is wiried up and seems fine. I checked the rear plugs and wires with a test light but since the fuseable link is blown and disconnected I won't get power back there anyway right. Where does the fuel pump power that goes to 12V at the solenoid enter in the car and go from there. Does it go to the relay? Where would it ground from the solenoid to the wire loom to the inside of the car? I usually work on Modulars and its been forever since I worked on a Fox car let alone one with wiring issues. Any help would be appreciated, I dont think I left anything out. I took out a Walbro pump and reinstalled one so it was plug and play.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts