Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what might be causing this? 2 fuses keep getting pushed out somehow in the fuse box, not enough that you can tell visually, but they go out enough that you can push them in a decent amount and feel it go back into place. They keep popping out and killing my radio.

I can a little while driving and then the radio shuts off, or cycles and turns back on and I need to re set the audio settings. It can do it 5 times in a 10 minute drive or once in a hour long drive.

Any solution to this?

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
That is strange!

Some ideas:

New fusebox if the car is under warranty.

If not, then try a new fuse in the offending location.

You could also take your soldering iron and put a little dollop of solder on the fuse legs...that would be my plan - unless you are not so good at soldering. In that case, why not "shim" the base of the fuse with some very thin metal? A hobby store or home depot / lowes has a lot of metal stock you can choose from.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
wow... this is a strange problem... maybe try using some pliers and bending the tab just a touch on the fuse. When you push them in do they wiggle any or anything?

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
what? itll work for now

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Dude, kill the leprechauns that live in your hood for messing w/ yo SHIZ!!!!

No but seriously, is it stock shaker or aftermarket? I agree with tape or maybe something connected to the top of the cover to keep them down.

Glue works also...........(jk)

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I realy like the idea of a little solder on the fuse spades to thicken them up. Other than that, it sounds like a bad fuse box or even a bad batch of fuses.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's the stock Shaker 500.

The 2 fuses that are having this problem look to be completely normal, no problems visually. You wouldn't be able to even tell if you looked at them.

When I push them down they're in there perfectly fine, no wiggle room or anything.

I'm going to try some different fuses, and if it still happens, I think I'm going to try the solder idea.

First thing that popped into my head was using electrical tapem but I don't want it looking like **** with that just sitting there.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Maybe take some soft foam and adhere it to the inside of the fuse box cover. That way you will never see it and it will apply a bit of downward force on the tops of the fuses. They shouldn't be able to wiggle out then. To me it's the easiest and least intrusive fix to your problem.

Reactions: Ace417

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe take some soft foam and adhere it to the inside of the fuse box cover. That way you will never see it and it will apply a bit of downward force on the tops of the fuses. They shouldn't be able to wiggle out then. To me it's the easiest and least intrusive fix to your problem.
Son of a bitch that's a good idea. I've got a lot of it too that is dark grey and will perfectly fit as one solid piece. Thanks for that idea, I would give you reps, but it still wont let me give ya more.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I like that idea.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Son of a bitch that's a good idea. I've got a lot of it too that is dark grey and will perfectly fit as one solid piece. Thanks for that idea, I would give you reps, but it still wont let me give ya more.
I like that idea.
Thanks guys. Yeah, no need to over think this. Call me simple, call me lazy, or call me a genius, just trying to help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts