Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I noticed that some of my interrior lights werent working. They are the lights on the steering wheel, window buttons, lock/unlock button. Is there a bad fuse or what would be the problem?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
good chance its a fuse, could be a bulb, but ive never seen one of the bulbs burn out, check the fuses, the interior light i beleive would be in the fuse box underneath the dash, its by the hood prob, its above it, more towards the steering wheel

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Look in your owners manuel and look for the fuse that says its for your interior lighting and check it. Thats probably what it is.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I dont have the owners manuel or any other book like haynes or something. I guess I will just go to an auto parts store to find out.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just flipped through my owners manual, and looked at all of the fuses and nothing said anything about the lights on the steering wheel, door locks or window buttons, i would have it cxhecked out at the dealer

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
those buttons have lights in them?? Mine have never been lit so I just assumed ford went cheap on it. Might have to dig in my fuse box tomorrow....

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
i cant beleive i cant remember if those stay light up when you turn the lights on, i dont think the buttons do actually if i can remember correctly

·
Registered
171 Posts
I checked mine last night and the door buttons didnt light up neither did the CC buttons on the steering wheel, so unless mine is broken too, they dont light up

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I know there is no illumination in the CC buttons on the steering wheel as I replaced mine with an aftermarket wheel and can attest there's nothing there to light those up (mine is an '03 GT with the deluxe interior package).

Also, I just looked at the wiring diagrams in the factory shop manual--sure enough there is no illumination in the CC, window switches, or door locks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts