Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use the Fusion key on their 2006 stang? Been looking at the ones on eBay. Anyone know if they work?

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
It doesn't work for 2006s. I believe they will only work on 2007+ ... Sorry ... Anyways, if you were looking to buy one off of Ebay that is "like new" with a replaced blade, don't do it. I bought mine through Ebay from one of those sellers and when they replace the blade it doesn't secure correctly and it'll end up falling apart. I have a Start button in my car and my blade is almost bought to fall out. I don't even have to turn it all the way, just to on and than press the button. Every other person who has bought it from those sellers has had the same issues as well. I just went back to my old key because it felt so ghetto.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
^ so i can program a fusion key for my 2009 gt?
Yes you can! Just go to Ace, Home Depot, Lowes, etc and have them cut the key. They will tell you that they will not pay for a new key if it doesn't cut properly but there shouldn't be any issues than just follow the below procedures!

You can't, but the dealership can.
No you can as long as you have two factory keys that are cut and programmed. I remember I had to try a few different ones before I found the right one. I think that these are the correct procedures but if not I believe that it can be found in the manual. :cool:

PATs Key Programming said:
**You must have two original keys to perform this procedure. If you only have one key, you WILL have to take it to the dealer to get it programmed**

1. Insert and existing (working) key into the ignition cylinder.

2. Turn the ignition cylinder ON (RUN) and back to OFF. Ignition should stay on for at least ONE SECOND.

3. Remove the existing key and, within TEN seconds, insert a second working key and turn it to ON (RUN) and the back OFF. Ignition must be in ON for at least ONE second, but no more than TEN seconds. Remove the key.

4. Insert the new key before TWENTY seconds have elapsed and turn it to ON (RUN). Leave it the ON position for at least ONE second and turn back to OFF.

5. The security light will light up for THREE seconds to indicate that the new key has been successfully programmed.

6. To program additional keys, repeat steps 1 through 5
Key Fob Programming said:
How to reprogram your remote entry transmitters
You must have all remote entry transmitters (maximum of six) available before beginning this procedure.
Note: Ensure the brake pedal is not depressed during this sequence.

To reprogram the remote entry transmitters:

1. Ensure the vehicle is electronically unlocked.

2. Put the key in the ignition.

3. Cycle eight times rapidly (within 10 seconds) between the 1 (OFF/LOCK) position and 3 (ON).
Note: the eighth turn must end in the 3 (ON) position. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that the programming mode has been activated.

4. Within 20 seconds press any button on the remote entry transmitter.
Note: If more than 20 seconds have passed, you will need to start the procedure over again. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that this remote entry transmitter has been programmed.

5. Repeat Step 4 to program each additional remote entry transmitter.

6. Turn the ignition to the 1 (OFF/LOCK) position after you have finished programming all of the remote entry transmitters. Note: After 20 seconds, you will automatically exit the programming mode. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that the programming mode has been exited.
I hope this helps everyone! :D

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
chrysler has been using that intregrated phob for while now and they are ****ing expenisive as hell. when i worked for a local locksmith, his cost was like $75 per key, list was over 120. and anyone who goes to a hardware store to get a chiped key cut is f****ing retared. good way to waste $20-$120

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
chrysler has been using that intregrated phob for while now and they are ****ing expenisive as hell. when i worked for a local locksmith, his cost was like $75 per key, list was over 120. and anyone who goes to a hardware store to get a chiped key cut is f****ing retared. good way to waste $20-$120
Let's hear this. If you're going to call people retarded at least back up what you're saying. I've used all sorts of places to cut all sorts of keys and I've never had a problem with any of them ranging from a PATs key to a house key.

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
Let's hear this. If you're going to call people retarded at least back up what you're saying. I've used all sorts of places to cut all sorts of keys and I've never had a problem with any of them ranging from a PATs key to a house key.
easy, ive worked for a locksmith (worked there 18 months with my uncle who had 20+ years in the buz) and 90% of ppls lock problems, esspecially with cars, is from a crappy, miss cut copy and with cheap keys. most notably is what dime stores use for 90's chrysler keys. the key they use for all years was actually only used for one year but dime stores use it because it will fit in every 90s model lock (on this page, they use the Y155 in place of Y157 and Y159 keys). the downside is the key is very flimsy and when used in the wrong lock, they tend to break after about 3 months. another big thing is the machine they use. most dime/hardware stores dont know how to adjust thier machines so if they miss cut u a key, they wont ever be able to fix it and cut u one that will work. think of it as running 87 octane in ur car all the time when ur car is designed&tuned to run on 93 octane, it will get u by, but ur gonna have issues sooner or later and ur not gonna get the full benifit

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
So you're saying no one but a lock smith can cut a key? It's just the general rule? I don't think so. Sure someone could have a problem with a hardware store and someone could have a problem with a locksmith. Don't give me this **** that no hardware store is going to be able to cut it properly because that's bullshit. I've had plenty of keys cut and I've never had an issue using a hardware store or a locksmith. I guess I've just been extremely lucky, right?

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
So you're saying no one but a lock smith can cut a key? It's just the general rule? I don't think so. Sure someone could have a problem with a hardware store and someone could have a problem with a locksmith. Don't give me this **** that no hardware store is going to be able to cut it properly because that's bullshit. I've had plenty of keys cut and I've never had an issue using a hardware store or a locksmith. I guess I've just been extremely lucky, right?
never said they couldnt. what i did say is if they miss cut a key, they cant do anything about it. if ur have a new house key made, and it doesnt work, ur SOL with the hardware store, whether its miss cut or if ur lock is on the fritz (99% of the time its that they didnt do it right). so u end up sending more money on either more keys (with transpoder keys that means u gotta get all new keys which u cant get at said hardware store), new locks, or having a locksmith come out and look at it, depending on how u go about it. the major reason u havent had any issues is because ur not dealing with tight tolerance locks. most house locks are really loose. uve usually got about .003 inches of wiggle room on them (doesnt sound like much, but thats alot on the lock industry) and car locks are less than .001 inches (unless u get into the laser cut, which are like .000001 inches) of wiggle room.

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
i dont know about you, but i think id keep my other keys just in case the new one was ****ed up. :dunno

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
never said they couldnt. what i did say is if they miss cut a key, they cant do anything about it. if ur have a new house key made, and it doesnt work, ur SOL with the hardware store, whether its miss cut or if ur lock is on the fritz (99% of the time its that they didnt do it right). so u end up sending more money on either more keys (with transpoder keys that means u gotta get all new keys which u cant get at said hardware store), new locks, or having a locksmith come out and look at it, depending on how u go about it. the major reason u havent had any issues is because ur not dealing with tight tolerance locks. most house locks are really loose. uve usually got about .003 inches of wiggle room on them (doesnt sound like much, but thats alot on the lock industry) and car locks are less than .001 inches (unless u get into the laser cut, which are like .000001 inches) of wiggle room.
I'm not going to argue anymore because it's simply not going to go anywhere. Just like you said they can do a good job. It's completely dependent on the place and employees. There are bad mechanics does that mean all of them are bad and can't do a job? No.

Anyways, I wasn't talking about only having house keys cuts at these places. I said I've had numerous PATs keys cut by them with zero problems. So it seems as if they must be some really hardcore hardware store locksmiths.

By the way, I use Medeco locks at my house. Maybe you've heard of it? ;)

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
damn nasty thats a lot of steps for getting a new key made

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
I'm not going to argue anymore because it's simply not going to go anywhere. Just like you said they can do a good job. It's completely dependent on the place and employees. There are bad mechanics does that mean all of them are bad and can't do a job? No.

Anyways, I wasn't talking about only having house keys cuts at these places. I said I've had numerous PATs keys cut by them with zero problems. So it seems as if they must be some really hardcore hardware store locksmiths.

By the way, I use Medeco locks at my house. Maybe you've heard of it? ;)
i agree, ud have to have to see some of the stuff that can go wrong to understand.

if ur using medeco (assa is better btw, way more secure if u need that level) on ur house and getting copies made at a hardware store, then i kinda doubt ur using true medeco hardware cuz u have to buy a franchize (as u do with assa too) with them to get blanks. i personally hate medecos keys but they have some good designs

1 - 20 of 32 Posts