Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have come to a conclusion i got 180xxx on my v6 so im prolly gunna buy a new v6 (my dad says ill die in a v8) so im just gunna get the new 3.7 and turbo any other engine ideas?

·
Registered
631 Posts
whats wrong with 180k, mine had 218k on it when i parked it last year and it was running great.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
H/C/I , gears and exhuast then turbo it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If ur old man thinks an 8 will kill you, what the hell will he think about the 3.7 turbo??

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
wait...so you're dad won't let you get a GT, but a 305hp v6 is ok....slap the **** out of him for me :yes

edit: is this an april fools joke that's just late...since daddy's buying your car and all i wouldn't think he'd get you a 2011...unless you're joining that one kids spoiled high school kids club in the 2011 section...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
um idk what it is i driven some fast cars at my work but hes just like oooo ull be showing off idk hes weird um im not spoiled i just work and he teaches me how to fix my car im only 18 so i got a lot to earn. i am just not a fan of the new mustangs i love my generation of mustang and the reason i say i need a new motor is because its on its last leg of life lol its taken abuse not my fault its just my mom was not much of a maintenance kind of person

·
Registered
345 Posts
um idk what it is i driven some fast cars at my work but hes just like oooo ull be showing off idk hes weird um im not spoiled i just work and he teaches me how to fix my car im only 18 so i got a lot to earn. i am just not a fan of the new mustangs i love my generation of mustang and the reason i say i need a new motor is because its on its last leg of life lol its taken abuse not my fault its just my mom was not much of a maintenance kind of person
Were you thinking of swapping the new 3.7 into your car? or getting one of the 2011 cars?

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
OP, if you are worried about your engine being on its last leg, then just replace it with a 96-98 or a 99-04 v6 engine. a new 2011 3.7 WILL NOT be a simple drop in, and the trouble of getting everything you would need to install it completely and actually installing it, will not be worth it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oooo i no it will be difficult but my dad and his friend love doing this **** and if it works for 200,000 miles ill love it but if it only last 30,000 so be it ill just by a motorcycle and talk my dad into a v8 lol

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
then try to sell it and get another v6 :shiftyeyes

yes i had to say it :D
actually when i get my roller fox i might look into a nice 351w lol...my friend that gave me the catback told me his work has a few rollers sitting there and i should come give them a look...and enough parts to build a dozen 10 second cars (according to him)

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
do you understand how much work would be invovled in putting in a 2011 v6 or a v8? the list of parts needed is so long i cant even type it all. you wont be able to just buy the engine and bolt it in. for the price you would pay to get everything needed for the swap, you could just flat out buy a GT and prolly some bolt ons

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i no i no but how many people out there have gt's and then look at how many ppl have 96 turbo 3.7's

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i might offend u guys but im looking at a v8 budget build its a 475 hp 350 i like and with little ammount of parts it would be sexy

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
putting a chebby motor in the mustang isnt unheard of, but another pain in the ass to do, especially since it wasnt designed to go in a mustang at all.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts