Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I bought a set of stock 16 inch wheels off of a Contour SVT. They look a lot like Cobra "R" wheels. My question is if anyone know if they will fit alright on my stock suspension 88 GT. Right now I have 235/60/15 tires on the rear. I really don't want to by the wheel extenders if I don't have to. Also, what would be the widest tire you guys would go with on these?

Any help would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
isnt the contour 5 lug....maybe im wrong

Reactions: 8t6gt

·
Registered
23 Posts
i did a set of tires on a contour the other day and i looks to me as long as the bolt pattern is the same the offset should clear the stock suspension

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
oops i guess they are 4 lug

·
Registered
4,781 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
those contour svt's are actually pretty fun to drive for a chick car

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes they are 4 lug. I was just wondering about the offset because they are like 22mm and I think the stock offset is 42mm. Well thanks for all the help. Any idea how big I can go for tire sice on the rear? Thanks again for the help. Nice to see a forum that you actualy get info.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not sure if this is going to help but to give you an general idea of how much space you have to work with you have 16" rims and I have 18 x 10.5 rims on the back with 275/35 in the back and I have to be in a corner hell of hard to get em to rub. But, I have fully adjustable shocks and car is lowered 1.5" all around.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright. Well I kind of wanted 265 on the rear. Will these be too wide for the wheels as they are stock and I think the stock tires for these are like 205.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heads up on anyone who buys FWD wheels for their mustang, they didn't fit. The center cap didn't clear in the front.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts