Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Anyone running these??.... I just bought a set...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Sweeeeet!!!! I was online looking at those,and alot of people are telling me those are the drag Radials to go with to pick up a couple of tenth's on your time...:yes

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I have a friend that had those and he was cutting 1.6 60' using Nitrous off the line.
I think the size was 315/35/18

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
i was going to get those because they're stickier, but with the stickier tire means it wont last as long. so i went with the Nitto drags

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It will only look silly at the strip... I am going to wear my 20"s around town and switch at the strip... gonna pick up some nittos when I kill the tires on the 20's... I am going to get a set of rims to hold MT ET's but these are just a start.. got to $$$ up..

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the perelli's that are on it now are 55's... am I in the middle of a brain fart or is 45 wider than 55???

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
45 isnt the width, the first number is the width, then the second number is a sidewall ratio. so whatever 45% of 225 is = the sidewall height X2 + rim size + height.

and its 225MM wide BTW.

those are going to be some short, skinny tires, they're going to spin more, and your going to have a shift more. no way your going to hook the power of that KB on those.

should have gotten MT E/T street 275/40/17 they fit pretty good on the stock GT rims.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
45 isnt the width, the first number is the width, then the second number is a sidewall ratio. so whatever 45% of 225 is = the sidewall height X2 + rim size + height.

and its 225MM wide BTW.

those are going to be some short, skinny tires, they're going to spin more, and your going to have a shift more. no way your going to hook the power of that KB on those.

should have gotten MT E/T street 275/40/17 they fit pretty good on the stock GT rims.
:yes

·
Registered
2,791 Posts

and its 225MM wide BTW.

+1 you need a minimum of 275/40

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just ordered the right ones and will cancel the too small ones.... thanks

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
thank god you posted this before you tires got there, or you wouldve been one pissed off guy!

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
YEP!!! I B REP-in This is a big reason I post here... I still need help... THX guys.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
Just ordered the right ones and will cancel the too small ones.... thanks
the BFG 275's also run really big, and may buldge so much on your 8" rim that it would actually hurt contact patch.

i would order the MT's, they're better, and i think cheaper.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts