Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I dont need it..i dont care.. I want it, I have a welder and a plasma cutter... I want to do a ten point and I have an outline but im going to do it a little bit differently to make it my own custom cage..any tips on how I should do it.. I read 1 3/4" tubing should be used? Anybody else have one? Tips?

Basic outline
1220994123291573590869.jpg

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I thought about that already for the drivers side at least..screw passenger side..if they want in theyll step over it.. Haha

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im 6' 4" 280lb.. This farm boy will need some room but want the cage badlike.

·
Too broke
787 Posts
i just cut my cage out last year, kinda like having full interior for the kids and more comfort features back in the car. my race days are not what they used to be

Sent from my LG-E739 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
I want one, but want to keep my rear seat

03cristian

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just cut my cage out last year, kinda like having full interior for the kids and more comfort features back in the car. my race days are not what they used to be

Sent from my LG-E739 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Did you happen to keep what you cut out around? Lol

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So when I notch the end of a tube do I use the same size hole saw bit as tubing?

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
...I want to do a ten point and I have an outline but im going to do it a little bit differently to make it my own custom cage..any tips on how I should do it.. I read 1 3/4" tubing should be used? Anybody else have one? Tips?
I'd recommend picking up a NHRA rulebook. All the required specs are listed in it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts