Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I already bailed on a shaker hood once but im thinking about it again. I found one new on Ebay for $500...

Im basically trying to convince myself its worth it. $500 isnt bad and I can cut the hole in the hood myself no problems but again I just dont know how much it will actually shake... Ive seen videos of older Mustangs and they shake and the 2010s seem to shake but every other S197 just doesnt seem to move...

I have some decent mods and I can see the engine move a little when I hit the gas so im pretty sure the shaker will rock a little but I was hoping to get some confirmation from someone on here... I really dont want to put weaker motor mounts on my car or anything but I do like the look of the shaker since its semi functional and I think it would look good with the stripes.... only downside is I would probably have to buy a new hood or go with the saleen supershaker or a vortech supercharger....

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
with the hodrods the thing should shake pretty good. as you mentioned above it will limit your blower choices, but theres nothing wrong with the saleen/shaker combo:drool

·
Registered
176 Posts
do it. you know you wanna.

don't the hot rods make it bounce at idle, then get on it and watch it torque over.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Dude I would do it for looks alone...granted it is a little small compared to retro shakers, but it still looks sexy as hell...I say go for it...before I buy the $500 one on Ebay!! :lmao not really, I've spent too much money on this car recently...

·
Registered
691 Posts
i think itd look sick as hell on ur car, not sure about the shake but looks alone are worth it to me, plus functionality is a bonus :) if u r gunna go f/i tho, instead of spending the 500 on the ebay one i'd just pocket that and go straight for the saleen supershaker. just my opinion tho :)
either way i bet ull be happy with it

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, we will see what it looks like. I bought it today and its expected to come in on the 25th or 26th. $500 and free shipping... think I got a great deal. Im not sure how soon I want to go F/I. I wanted to not spend any money on my Stang but once I saw the scoop again I caved in. I noticed today that it actually feeds air into the airbox so I just have to cut a hole in my CAI heat shield and route some tubing into it. Gotta make it look nice quality though so i'll be looking around online for some pictures.

·
Registered
691 Posts
post pics after install. im sure u'll find a way to make it look good :)

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Well, we will see what it looks like. I bought it today and its expected to come in on the 25th or 26th. $500 and free shipping... think I got a great deal. Im not sure how soon I want to go F/I. I wanted to not spend any money on my Stang but once I saw the scoop again I caved in. I noticed today that it actually feeds air into the airbox so I just have to cut a hole in my CAI heat shield and route some tubing into it. Gotta make it look nice quality though so i'll be looking around online for some pictures.
Shoot a message to Depriv'd I think. He did it and it looks great.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
think long and hard about your plans for the car before you do it.

1. it limits your supercharger options
2. it limits your hood choices - yes, you can cut a hole in any fiberglass hood, however they are not reinforced for cutting a hole in them
3. you are stuck with your factory intake manifold
4. if its not done right your hood can start to seperate
5. the front shaker adaptor does not fit on any aftermarket throttle body. so, if you go FI and need to upgrade the throttle body, unless its the same exact size as OEM. i have mine rigged with pipe hanging tape. the flexible metal stuff.

i enjoyed mine, but now that im going for more HP, i regret getting it. it was alot of money and now if i get rid of it im looking at a new hood plus paint. which is going to cost the same if not more than the shaker.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
oops. i didnt read all the post before i posted. guess you already bought it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts