Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to add a few mods to my 02 v6 mustang over the summer and am wondering what kind of gains i should expect. these are the mods:

1.80 ratio roller rockers
vap intake spacer
ported upper intake with either 65/70mm inlet
accufab 65/70mm throttle body(depending on the size of the intake inlet)

these all seem like pretty simple mods and since im doing one, i figured it would be easiest to do all of them at once. would it be best for me to go with the 65mm inlet or go all the way up to the 70mm inlet on a bolt-on v6??? and what kind of gains should i expect?? im hoping for around 15-20rwhp at the low-mid end.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
whoa?

imo if i where u i would get better valves and a cam since i'm there... i'l say save more money..

umm and port the upper and lower with a 65mm i think that will put u on 20-30 h.p range maybe more depending on configuration and tune up to 40-50 maybe.. depending on other supporting mods

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay well my other mods include 4.10 gears, posi-trac differential, k&n drop in filter, bbk shorty headers, flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust, and an sct livewire. im waiting to get my precision industries stallion 3000 stall torque converter installed and probably some asp 25% underdrive pullies as well.

as far as installation goes, im not so sure i would be able to install the cam myself and be able to afford the cylinder heads as of now. i am a beginner at modding so i think that would be out of my range. i think the roller rockers might be a little tricky so im still debating on those. the spacer, upper intake, and throttle body dont really look too hard though.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
okay well my other mods include 4.10 gears, posi-trac differential, k&n drop in filter, bbk shorty headers, flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust, and an sct livewire. im waiting to get my precision industries stallion 3000 stall torque converter installed and probably some asp 25% underdrive pullies as well.

as far as installation goes, im not so sure i would be able to install the cam myself and be able to afford the cylinder heads as of now. i am a beginner at modding so i think that would be out of my range. i think the roller rockers might be a little tricky so im still debating on those. the spacer, upper intake, and throttle body dont really look too hard though.
if ur really careful, have patiences and arm yourself with a really good manual you could do it...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well since i am only really capable of one of those (buying the manual) ill probably wait till i can get another daily driver and have more time to work on it.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
i would hold off on doing the RR's till you did some other valve train work. also i would go with 1.7 in stead of the 1.8's, for better geometry.

personally the only RR's i would use are the ideal geometry ones from comp cams.

and El cangri i thing your hp gains are a little off, i would say a around maybe 20 for just a P&P intakes, spacer, and T.B.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i hold off till you do the heads and cam . i'm still on a stock tb with ported heads and don't see a need for one till heads and cam are both done .you won't see that much of a gain in fact it may hurt you rite now

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i hold off till you do the heads and cam . i'm still on a stock tb with ported heads and don't see a need for one till heads and cam are both done .you won't see that much of a gain in fact it may hurt you rite now
ok i know it would be best for me to do them all at once but how would it hurt me? that doesnt make any sense. the only way the throttle body would hurt is if it is too big for the upper intake inlet which it wont be. the intake spacer is a proven 5hp and the ported intake and roller rockers can only help.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
doing valve work would require removing the heads. just the rockers do not

ported intakes eh i mean if you have a decent amount of bolt ons then ok ported upper and lower would be a good idea

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright so would it be best for me to go with the 65mm inlet or the 70mm inlet? is it really worth the extra money for me to get the intake cut and welded? and what kind of gains with these 4 mods? 15-20rwhp?

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
alright so would it be best for me to go with the 65mm inlet or the 70mm inlet? is it really worth the extra money for me to get the intake cut and welded? and what kind of gains with these 4 mods? 15-20rwhp?

If your really serious about making HP cut&weld upper ftw.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Not that much unless used in a highly modified car, and it would cost way more than its worth. As for the thorttle body i would go with 65mm. If you are interested in porting and polishing click my sig.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not that much unless used in a highly modified car, and it would cost way more than its worth. As for the thorttle body i would go with 65mm. If you are interested in porting and polishing click my sig.
i checked out the site and it sounds like a pretty good deal. just a few questions: would you be able to port my upper intake inlet to 70mm? how difficult is it to uninstall/reinstall the lower intake manifold and cylinder heads? i dont have much experience so i dont want anything over my head. in a side note, im gonna let you do the dissembling/reassembling of my cylinder heads. do i just have to remove bolts on the lower intake and cylinder heads or is there more work invoved?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
the only rockers good for our cars are the 1.7 comp cams roller rockers. everything else(harland sharp rockers) throws off the geometry and dont give as much power

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
the only rockers good for our cars are the 1.7 comp cams roller rockers. everything else(harland sharp rockers) throws off the geometry and dont give as much power
however the 1.7 harland sharp rockers are a loy better then the 1.8's
and a lot cheeper then the comp cam's ones

·
Registered
1 Posts
any ideas??

I recently purchased a '04 mustang and i am wanting to do some performance mods to it to gain some horsepower. Im not to good at the mustang world yetso if anyone has any ideas, throw them at me. I already bought a K & N Intake, that should be here friday.

·
Registered
760 Posts
check out my sig, although you might not be ready for any of that yet, its something to think about

1 - 20 of 21 Posts