Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hardon Enthusiast
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I don't mind that my car gets 22-25 mpg, but I am wondering if anyone has written a tune yet to tone down the performance side and boost gas milage. I know I bought a V8 and all but if gas keeps going up I may have to think of buying something a little more fuel friendly and really dont want to do that. Is this a possability? Has BAMA done something like this yet?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I LOVE my 93 race tune (which I see you also have) but it kills me on gas. I'd suggest getting a 87 street tune which will help mileage. I use the 87 for daily driving and 93 race when I want to have fun or when I want to stimulate the economy via sucking down gas

·
Hardon Enthusiast
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i usually keep the 89 tune on mine once in a while i will run a tank of 93 through it but now its getting too expensive. ill probably drop it down to the street tune this weekend but it nocks with the cheap gas around here.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Any of our Performance and Street tunes are built with economy in mind. They typically get the best gas mileage, but then again I get really decent mileage in my 07 GT with our Race tune. It all depends on driving habits, really. That and fuel quality. The only real comparison is if you drive the car the same way before/after the tune, which is very hard to do! LOL

Typically, after you load the tune and have had your fun for a week or two, you'll find that you've gained maybe 1-3MPG on the 3v's, especially with a CAI. I have the same CAI (C&L Racer), manual GT 2007 with 3.31's, FRPP manifold, FRPP throttle body, etc. I'm getting 18 at my worst and 24 if I'm on a long trip all highway. Typically I range around 20 or 21 though, with a decently heavy foot and alot of mixed driving (highway, backroads, etc.)

Chris

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
I have a mildly modified 07 with an FRPP intake, LOL. So this should be an easy question to field.

I personally love it. You will lose a little power down low and gain a little power up top. However, it will set you up to make very good power depending on what you mod down the road. For me, it made the entire powerband feel smoother. It looks great, fits great. There's no question in it.

To spend the money on it and justify not much horsepower out of it at first, you really need to know that down the road you will further mod. Cams, long-tubes at minimum. Supercharger (centrifugal) or turbo is what would be recommended.

Chris

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
humm, if i baby mine I mean 65mph I can get 21mpg. Yet on the other side I can drive it like I stold it get 18-19 on the highway

1 - 7 of 7 Posts