Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i pulled Valve cover off and guess what i dont find oil i find a ton of gas in it instead on my BRAND NEW CAM!!! well it didnt destory my cam but there marks were it was rubbing it when i did run it so im kinda pissed about all that but that isnt the point the point is there gas in my cam soooo how the heck did gas get into it? i need some suggestion i wouldnt think it the head because i would see a shitload of white smoke if it was cracked or anything like that. and one of my cyls are dead but it got compression spark and gas going to it so im sure this is related to it. could a valve be stuck and gas it building up pushing it up to my cam? but this still doesnt expain the no oil in there.... so im stuck on another issue this 2.3T is becoming such a pain now i hate even touching it now and i really need to get this thing done for i can work on my 94 camaro Z28 because i blew the head gasket on it so i need answers thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is it an electric or mechanical fuel pump and has it been recently replaced?

It sounds like the fuel pump's being held open and it's filling your block with gas... don't run the motor like that 'cause you can cook the block and the bearings. Drain all the fluids, pull the fuel pump, make sure it's working correctly, and then re-install it... if it has that much gas getting into the heads it's probably fuel pump

what kind of pistons and cam did you go with? and how much boost are you running? you might be putting too much pressure on the top of the motor

ok i pulled Valve cover off and guess what i dont find oil i find a ton of gas in it instead on my BRAND NEW CAM!!! well it didnt destory my cam but there marks were it was rubbing it when i did run it so im kinda pissed about all that but that isnt the point the point is there gas in my cam soooo how the heck did gas get into it? i need some suggestion i wouldnt think it the head because i would see a shitload of white smoke if it was cracked or anything like that. and one of my cyls are dead but it got compression spark and gas going to it so im sure this is related to it. could a valve be stuck and gas it building up pushing it up to my cam? but this still doesnt expain the no oil in there.... so im stuck on another issue this 2.3T is becoming such a pain now i hate even touching it now and i really need to get this thing done for i can work on my 94 camaro Z28 because i blew the head gasket on it so i need answers thanks guys!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts