Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so i was playing with the car today and I noticed a little bit of oil coming out of the oil breather on the valve cover. When i wiped it away i noticed that it felt thin so I smelt of it and I could smell gas in my oil:mad:....I think my problem is the carb it has a 750?or bigger race demon carb with no choke on the engine. Its just a small block 351 yes it is bored and stroked. But no way it would need that much gas...or could I be wrong? I have a 650 Road Demon that I am going to put on it, that should do just fine I hope. The car hasnt been driven much so I hope it didn't hurt anything. Anyway any feed back your ideas...oh and the car's fuel pressure is only at 6psi so i know it isn't to much fuel pressure.
Gas found in oil could it have hurt the engine?

Carb is 750cfm race demon..is it to big?( i'm sure it is but just asking)

Will the 650cfm road demon be enough to feed the 351?
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh there is no problem with gas in oil is helps lub up everything a lot more......thanks for all the help guys.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Yeah, it cleans out all of the crud and old deposits in the engine to although a minor side effect is you'll notice a lot of bearing material in your oil filter. :eek:

·
Rockin the "letter" cam!
157 Posts
Oh there is no problem with gas in oil is helps lub up everything a lot more......thanks for all the help guys.
eh....:eek:

sounds like an evac problem. Are you running a pcv valve? what kinda evac system you running

·
Registered
718 Posts
i would not stick anything smaller than a 750 on that car id probably actually go bigger, make sure the floats arent stuck or your fuel pressure isnt too high forcing too much fuel into the motor, after that see what jets are in it and what squirters are on it

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Gas in the oil is bad. Change the oil. I smoked my engine running too rich. Washed down the cylinder walls, and smoked a main and rod bearing. Basically left me with a trashed block and crank. What is done to the engine. Really depends on what parts you have to determine what size carb you're going to need.

·
Registered
545 Posts
i would not stick anything smaller than a 750 on that car id probably actually go bigger, make sure the floats arent stuck or your fuel pressure isnt too high forcing too much fuel into the motor, after that see what jets are in it and what squirters are on it
Depends on what he has it bored and stroked to. I think a 750 with the wrong jets might still be to much if he dont have a decent top end.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts