Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I revved my engine using by opening up the throttle by hand under the hood. My hand slipped off and the throttle body snapped back closed and I heard something rattle down into the engine bay. I looked around and couldn't find anything and nothing appears to be missing from the throttle body itself.

Since then, I've noticed that my exhaust smells like raw gasoline and I can smell it in the car if I turn on the heat. Also, my gas mileage has gone down about 4mpg from 18 to 14. I'm guessing the smell is coming from the engine bay because that's where the air for the heat would be pulled in from.

Any guess what I might have done or where to start looking for a possible gas leak?

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Jeebus...check your fuel rails and all the hoses around them. I have no idea what that could have been, but check for spray around those areas.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I had a similar issue about a month ago, the hose leading to the fuel rail was all dried out and ended up with a crack, had a very slow gas leak and you could see the fuel dripping at a very slow pace. Could smell fuel inside the cabin whether the car was on or off and having the heater on nearly suffocated me from the fumes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.