Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so, after filling up my tank a few days ago I Found I have only gotten 12 mpg in the last tank. now... I know Im new to the car, and the whole accelerating thing so the car doesnt die on me might be adding to it, but do you guys have THAT bad of gas milage too? Ive driven 55 miles on the current tank and it went from full to 3/4th a tank already...

what happened to my 20+ MPG city with my 3400sfi 6 banger! haha

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
What year is yours again Vita? That is FAR from normal in my 01. Even with 4.10's I get between 19-21 in the city and 22-23 on the highway.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
99, 100% stock for internals.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Something ain't right.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
I only get about 15-16/gal James.

:dunno

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Good Lord! How do y'all drive? I notice that with QuikTrip gas my mileage drops a couple MPG's. I have never gotten 15-16 though.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
shifting no higher than 2.5/2.8k rpms, downshift to 2nd to save on the breaks, but never bring it above 3k for more than a second when doing it. start off really slow, and Ill cruise through town at like 1.6k-1.8k rpms on longer roads?

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
That's crazy. It sounds like the way I drive, but I do not really downshift at all, just go to neutral.

·
Registered
812 Posts
a new fuel filter might help

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
I'm some issues with my gas, but it's because the previous owner was a dipshit. So I have to do some maintanence to the car. But I get better gas mileage than that even when I'm driving like an asshole.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I dont even want to talk about MPG:mad: Im just glad that its not my daily

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have a 99 cobra. I get 15-16 driving like an idiot. 18-20 in town normal, and 20-23 on highway

·
Registered
641 Posts
yea man 12?.. somthin isnt right.. might be time for some maintenece

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea man 12?.. somthin isnt right.. might be time for some maintenece
thats what Im thinking. they guy didnt have the book when he sold it to me. I dont know whats been checked and when. Heck, I dont know if it had the recall even done to it! how should I go about getting it checked out?

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
sounds like it could use a few filters, fuel, air and maybe even plugs depending on the milage.

just call a dealer with the vin, they can tell you if the recall is done or not.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sounds like it could use a few filters, fuel, air and maybe even plugs depending on the milage.

61k miles for milage

1 - 20 of 37 Posts