Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a couple of GT mustangs and I love em but the gas mileage isn't the best. So I was wondering what kind of mileage you guys get with an unmodded 2.3? Would it make a difference if it had alot of miles on it as opposed to a fresh rebuild? How much would a rebuild cost? I was thinking of a 89-93 coupe with a stick. Thanks!

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
thats good altough new v6's get 26 :/

technology sure has improved

·
Registered
30 Posts
Deleted the cat--running straight pipes--, CAI, changed the spark plugs to Bosch plat 4s, and it's a 5 spd so that helps.. nothin big. The 2.3l engines stock are restrictive as hell, so if you can get any more air in there, you're good to go.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
My old automatic 2.3 'vert would get a pretty religious 23mpg, until the muffler fell off and my dad welded on an old glasspack that dumped before the rear axle, then I got 27 :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
My old automatic 2.3 'vert would get a pretty religious 23mpg, until the muffler fell off and my dad welded on an old glasspack that dumped before the rear axle, then I got 27 :D
My first glasspack fell off one day in Hull, GA, and after I whipped the car around to get it, I look up and there's an 18 wheeler coming and yeah, there goes my Cherry Bomb flying into the air... I whacked the boyfriend for his crappy welding skillz and just threw on straight pipes.

·
Banned
5,919 Posts
Thats HILARIOUS I think

There are people running 400 HP Mod 4.6's and getting 22 :lmao

And slightly modded getting close to 30 with the new 3V's Zip has hit 31 he said and has twice the HP :lmao

Edit: 300 HP thats 3 times the HP my bad
3v mustang = $25k

modded 3v mustang= $>25k

2.3 mustang = $<500

keep your nose out of other ppl's business, giggles

and yes, removing the restrictive crap they put on the 2.3 really opens it up

a manual with a home-made CAI and gutted cats and a ranger header will do great for fuel economy

·
Banned
5,919 Posts
do you have a 2.3?

do you have useful information for this topic?

do you have any idea what you're even talking about?

if your answer was "no" to all of these, plz leave now!

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
I do have a 2.3 ;) I got a 4cyl ranger

I belive I posted stats so thats usefull
And I do know what im talking about more than you im sure
Let me ask you some

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 2.3 is totally stock, and last summer I got an average of 16.2mpg. (I only drive it in the summer. Canadian winter + mustang = no leaving driveway.) My best tank of gas ever was actually the last one. 3/4 highway, and it was long weekend traffic meaning I was doing atleast 10 under the speed limit. I hit 20.8mpg. I'm a little jeleous if you're hitting the 30 mark. (I've been using US Gallons to do my conversions. I realize that otherwise you would get a larger mpg, and would bump my best tank to about 25mpg with imperial gallons.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts