Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't had the chance to check the gas mileage on my car. but it's all stock except s/c with 42lb injectors and 255LPH fuel pump.. Does anyone know around what gas mileage our cars get with this set up? highway and city? I have a guy interested in buying my car for a really good price and he wants to know my gas mileage and i dont really have a clue.

·
Registered
601 Posts
With cruise control on 100% of the time @ 65mph, I got 27mpg. That was a bit abnormal though, normally 25mpg hwy. I average 17-18 city driving with occasional boosted runs. I'm stock gearing.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
With 3.73 gears, I got 24.6 mpg highway. My normal commute is 20-21 mpg.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
16-18 city depending on how much I play around the most ive gotten on the highway from texas to georgia was 26-27mpg hwy. thats with 3.73 gears and i hardly use the a/c.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
i got around 13 mpg if I drive the car "semi" fun

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
My gas gauge laughs at me lol

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
damn! i just have full exhuast with long tube headers and a CAI and i avg like 15 mpg mostly all city driving!!! wtf is up with that? i'll be superchargeing soon too so thats just gonna go down i would assume.. If i try and be conservative through the whole tank sometimes i can squeez 16 out of it. but thats very rare. Hell this last tank i got lik3 14.5 mpg!:mad:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I feel like I should be too! Don't mean to thread jack but do you have any ideas why mine is so low?

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide App

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
My gas gauge laughs at me lol
same here...granted no where near where you are..but mine sucked so bad!

3500 stall, 4:10s, and a heavy foot :no not so good gas milage

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
damn! i just have full exhuast with long tube headers and a CAI and i avg like 15 mpg mostly all city driving!!! wtf is up with that? i'll be superchargeing soon too so thats just gonna go down i would assume.. If i try and be conservative through the whole tank sometimes i can squeez 16 out of it. but thats very rare. Hell this last tank i got lik3 14.5 mpg!:mad:
It's kinda like doing gears. Gas mileage isn't affected a whole lot by the actual gears you have, it's affected mostly by the driver and their right foot.

Regular driving hwy gas mileage doesn't get worse because you have a supercharger in there. Just cruising down the highway you're never in boost and you use the same amount of fuel as you would if you were n/a (depending on how your tune is set up of course, you might run a little richer) because the extra air from the supercharger is just being bled off through the bypass.

You get worse gas mileage because when you're in boost, the engine sucks a lot more air so it needs a lot more fuel. And you don't put an s/c on your car to drive around out of boost all the time :) But if you don't go into boost all the time your gas mileage really won't be much worse.

·
Registered
601 Posts
My supercharger onyl dropped my MPG by like 1. When cruising the bypass valve is open and there really isn't a whole lot of parasitic loss. So it should really be pretty darn close to N/A.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
On a full tank I was getting 14-15mpg. That was with like 5 WOT pulls. If I drove it normally, I could get like 17 I would think. Although I really dont care, but gas right now is like 4.30 for 93. Getting rediculous.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
thats one reason Im glad about going turbo...3:55s now!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
yea i mean i don’t really car either. but if there something i can do to fix it i will, seeing as how it seems i am getting significantly less than everyone else. but i budget enough money each month to pay for as much gas as i need; and the joy i get from driving my car how i want too way surpasses the disappointment i get from filling up every 3-4 days.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts