Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Engine Desroyer
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new to mustangs and i've purchased an 04 GT.What is the average gas mileage to a tank of gas,I've added CAI,4.10 gears,70mm throttlebody,fuel filter,ford platinum plugs,msd coils and slp2 exhaust with x/o with sct tuner! Im only getting 170 to 180 miles to a tank!

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Ive got an 03 GT with CAI, mufflers, and 3.73s, and i get around 300 to the tank city. Is your right foot abnormally large?

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
Miles/tank isn't a good means of measuring your actual mileage. It will vary from tank to tank depending on how much fuel you're actually putting in. Instead, reset your trip odometer when you fill the tank. The next time you refill the tank, divide the mileage on the trip odometer by the number of gallons it took to refill the tank to get miles/gallon.

With those mods you should be capable of at least 20 MPG, but it will depend on the condition of the car and your driving style. I average between 22-24 MPG in my '04, with a mix of 40 city/60 highway.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Do you do a lot of highway driving? Try to keep it below 75mph if you want good mpg... Other than that do you what grade of fuel are you using and have you changed the plugs in the car yet?

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
I'm getting around 20mpg with mine...you aren't too far off from me, I'd say it's about right if you're driving in the city

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
16-18city and 24-27 highway here. I barley use the ac on the highway too no matter how hot it is. At least 2 members on a different forum said once they put in 4.10s that their gas mileage went down more than what ppl were telling them 4.10s would drain their highway mileage. Its not too bad in the city though maybe even better with gears depending on your driving habits.

·
Full Frontal Nudity
1,725 Posts
I get around 15 mpg pure city driving with the supercharger on it. The few times I am on the interstate I would say it is about mid 20s though.

·
Registered
929 Posts
If you are averaging more than 20mpg, you are not fully enjoying your Mustang! When my 04 was stock, I could get 26-27mpg on a long Interstate trip, cruise set on 70mph and the A/C on. Once I started adding mods, I quit worrying about fuel mileage. Then again, my DD Festiva gets 45-48 mpg, so I don't have to worry about it much.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
If you are averaging more than 20mpg, you are not fully enjoying your Mustang! When my 04 was stock, I could get 26-27mpg on a long Interstate trip, cruise set on 70mph and the A/C on. Once I started adding mods, I quit worrying about fuel mileage. Then again, my DD Festiva gets 45-48 mpg, so I don't have to worry about it much.
Nothing wrong with getting more than 20mpg on the highway and still enjoying your mustang that makes no sense. I enjoy it on the track or on days im playing around on backroads. Absolutely nothing wrong with getting 20+mpg on the highway that was far from the case when i was in Germany and could drive it wide open on the highway/autobahn and people move out of the way and drive totally different over there but doing that on the highway constantly would be fun but can land you in one of two places prison or a grave. There are plenty of ways to enjoy your stang and get 20+mpg.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
In germany fro me driving from Bamberg to Landsthul twice a month to the hospital it was 184 miles and I would go through an entire tank going there everytime 184 miles/15.7 gallon tank= 11.7 mpg highway and that was with stock gears and the gas in Germany was $6++ a gallon then 2008. I would never get that mpg highway average in the states and still have fun in the car. Time and place.

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
If you are averaging more than 20mpg, you are not fully enjoying your Mustang!
:lol My '04 is my commuter car, so I do care a little about the MPG it gets. The XR7 on the other hand...

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
12-14 city and 22 highway with a similar mod list. Cai, 4.10s, OR exhaust, and a bama race tune.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I average between 17-19mpg depending on how hard i drive it that week, its a DD 50/50 highway city... stock gears, full bolt ons except headers, auto, 91 octane tune

·
Engine Desroyer
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh ok so this is normal, also i run 93 in the tank.Yes changed plugs and fuel filter.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Nah to be honest I dont thing an average of 11mpg is very normal for dd on a gt. Thats like ram srt10 mileage.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Nothing wrong with getting more than 20mpg on the highway and still enjoying your mustang that makes no sense.
Ummmm..........it was a joke (albeit a bad one). If it made complete sense it wouldn't have been funny....actually, it wasn't even that funny. Slightly humorous would be more accurate.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Hi im new to mustangs and i've purchased an 04 GT.What is the average gas mileage to a tank of gas,I've added CAI,4.10 gears,70mm throttlebody,fuel filter,ford platinum plugs,msd coils and slp2 exhaust with x/o with sct tuner! Im only getting 170 to 180 miles to a tank!
Sounds about right. That's what I was getting all city driving when my car was stock. 185 mi per tank was max i've seen with my car. When I added full bolt ons it dropped to 160's. Now with the supercharger it's around 140 miles. It all depends on what kind of driving you do. If you do mostly city driving 0-40mph with stop lights and stop signs then your gas mileage will be worse that suburban driving where you get up to 55mph for miles at a time.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Sounds about right. That's what I was getting all city driving when my car was stock. 185 mi per tank was max i've seen with my car. When I added full bolt ons it dropped to 160's. Now with the supercharger it's around 140 miles. It all depends on what kind of driving you do. If you do mostly city driving 0-40mph with stop lights and stop signs then your gas mileage will be worse that suburban driving where you get up to 55mph for miles at a time.
OMG thats like 8.9mpg avg if you getting like 140miles to a tank. Thats crazy. I guess that stop-n-go was worse than i thought.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts