Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I own a 2001 v6 that has over 100k on the clock but it runs just fine. However, the gas pedal seems kind of "stuck" in a way. If I were to floor it, it's like I'm barely even pushing it.. it just doesn't go anywhere. There's almost no response.

I noticed that whenever I wash it (especially at the local car washes), it goes back to being what it should be: responsive and actually like that of a mustang. But over time, it goes back to how it was before.

I don't have much knowledge but I assume it has something to do with something getting clogged, or something like that, over time. I don't know, which is why I'm here.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
775 Posts
Try cleaning the throttle body. Have you changed the spark plugs or wires lately. Any check engine lights?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Couple of things (Some already mentioned):

- check plugs and see if any are fouled
- clean the TB
- maybe put a small dab of grease on the cable itself and work it in - it may be binding up
- check and see if the pedal arm is bent - it's made of very thing gauge steel and can become warped over time (I'm speaking on experiece for this one)
- do the cheap "pedal mod" Mustangworld - 99 - 00 Gas Pedal Adjustment tip

Where in Jersey are you?

_

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Couple of things (Some already mentioned):

- check plugs and see if any are fouled
- clean the TB
- maybe put a small dab of grease on the cable itself and work it in - it may be binding up
- check and see if the pedal arm is bent - it's made of very thing gauge steel and can become warped over time (I'm speaking on experiece for this one)
- do the cheap "pedal mod" Mustangworld - 99 - 00 Gas Pedal Adjustment tip

Where in Jersey are you?

_
I'm gonna try and do some of these once I'm not covered in snow.

I'm in Ocean County by the shore, about 15 minutes from seaside

·
Registered
978 Posts
Ah, you're down by my sister then. I'm Morris County by Lake Hopatcong.

Snow you say? Took this around 5pm today - pony's in there somewhere......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.