Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was with my friend and we were racing on the highway and he has a auto(yah i no lol..autos suck)and we floored it and ofocurse we won but after we tried to stop he said the gas pedal was stuck and he tried to pull the gas pedal back up but it wasn't working. So he jus slams on the breaks and we immediately smell smoke and the car keeps goin we were at about 125. so he keeps slammin the breaks while the car is still trying to go full speed. so he puts it into neutral and he turns the car and we were so lucky there wasnt any cars around us or there would have been a huge accident. so we coasted until we got to the side and we got out of the car and the back right brakes were on fire so we doused it with mountain dew , and these were brand new breaks!! has any 1 else had this problem it scared the hell out of me:(

·
Registered
761 Posts
Dude I know you'll prolly get real mad. And I know it was deff, NOT a fun experience at all probably. But Its hilarious man but im glad your OK!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha it was funny after the fact but we jus kept gaining speed and i was over in the passenger seat pressin my imaginary brake i was jus like ohhh shitttt

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
lol not sure what to tell ya there:no
l0l, was the car like, just bouncing off the rev limiter or what?
I believe he turned the car off right away

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yah b4 we put it into neutral he shifted it into 2nd (because u no autos have that 1st and 2nd gear for snow or some ****) and it was bouncing of like crazy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no he didnt turn it of right away he was tryin to brake and thats what caused the brakes to catch on fire. he put it into neutral and then turned it off. once we got out and put out the fire we opened up the hood and u no how u can rev the engine from the hood that little switch thing was stuck backwards and all he did was pop it back and the gas pedal raised back up

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
no he didnt turn it of right away he was tryin to brake and thats what caused the brakes to catch on fire. he put it into neutral and then turned it off. once we got out and put out the fire we opened up the hood and u no how u can rev the engine from the hood that little switch thing was stuck backwards and all he did was pop it back and the gas pedal raised back up
That's what I meant, once it was in neutral.

Is the TB stock or aftermarket?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
:DCheck the carpet next to the gas pedal, sometimes the pedal can get stuck on it very easily. What kinda car does he have?

Kinda OT but.... :blowme Automatics don't suck. I have one:D

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
:DCheck the carpet next to the gas pedal, sometimes the pedal can get stuck on it very easily. What kinda car does he have?

Kinda OT but.... :blowme Automatics don't suck. I have one:D
An auto on a Mach...:no

j/k:D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts