Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time i fill my 07 towards the end it will shut off like my tank is full and it will keep doing that every quarter or so. Ive also noticed that there will be gas just below my fuel door after i get gas. Does anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
Try turning the handle sideways. Or try a different pump/station.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I haven't had this issue but have read threads where other people do. I believe I saw a DIY thread on how to fix this by doing something to your car on s197forum. I've also heard what Boss said before as well.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill try turning it sideways next time but i go to a few stations and they all do that. Im wondering if maybe the filler neck turns right where the nozzle is placed so it creates sort of a kink

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hopefully that'll fix it for ya. Just in case it doesn't here is a DIY that someone says fixes it.

WWW.S197FORUM.COM

·
Registered
227 Posts
It is a PITA sometimes. I have tried sideways, upside down and no luck. I think mostly it's due to the speed of the gas going into the tank. I have best luck with slowing it down to like 1/2 speed. Especially when at about 7 gallons mark if your near empty.

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
This happens to me. But the gas barely gets flowing. I mean
Barely.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its just a pain in the ass to fill up sometimes. Also napoleon your link doesnt go to a thread so ill do a little bit of snooping around the web. I have a feeling its a common problem with the s197s

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
Its just a pain in the ass to fill up sometimes. Also napoleon your link doesnt go to a thread so ill do a little bit of snooping around the web. I have a feeling its a common problem with the s197s

it does go to the link, but if you aren't a member on S197forum you can't view anything

1 - 10 of 10 Posts