Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive searched around a lot online, but couldnt find much.

this has been bugging me forever.

i always heard that Shell has the cleanest gas around.

and that gas from holiday, or wherever else will contaminate your valves and stuff.

anyone know anything about the quality of different gas stations and if it really matters?

·
Registered
551 Posts
i like sunoco but i dont really no the best one out there. everybody uses the same gas though its just some companies put different additives in there gas

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
I've always heard good things about Sunoco, BP, and Shell. I've also read where you get your gas from matters. Also filling up your tank around half or before half will decrease the amount of gas you might lose from evaporation in warmer temperatures.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I've always heard good things about Sunoco, BP, and Shell. I've also read where you get your gas from matters. Also filling up your tank around half or before half will decrease the amount of gas you might lose from evaporation in warmer temperatures.
but wouldnt doing somehting like this ALL time decrease the life og your fuel pump? or is that just when yuou keep driving and let the low fuel light stay on and only put 1-2 gallons into it?

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
I meant keep it above half. Think of it this way. Your fuel pumps can't pump gasoline in the form of air. So if you fill your tank up then there is less room for air gasoline to evaporate to. However, if you let your tank get low there is all of that empty room above it for the liquid gas to evaporate to.

·
Registered
609 Posts
i always pump shell..

·
Banned
848 Posts
Shell and mobil carry better quality gasoline than most competitors. There are times of the day that make a difference, as well as temperature(Day or night). Also don't pump if a Gas company truck is refueling the station. Why? Chances are you'll be getting dirty gas from what has settled on the bottom of the tanks.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
well if beleive there is a difference in gas. I usually go to speedway because their reward program. But think about it. Why does some companies like Zax Gas for example sell their gas for 2.90 when everyone else is at 3.25? either they get their gas from some cheap as place that is horrible for your car or you are just paying for the name brand from Shell, BP, Sunoco etc.

·
Banned
848 Posts
well if beleive there is a difference in gas. I usually go to speedway because their reward program. But think about it. Why does some companies like Zax Gas for example sell their gas for 2.90 when everyone else is at 3.25? either they get their gas from some cheap as place that is horrible for your car or you are just paying for the name brand from Shell, BP, Sunoco etc.

there is a percentage that goes into advertising and expenses. Keep in mind that most "big name" brands have special additives (which the mix) than your normal mom and pop gas station. Therefore, its one of better quality and cleaner. There have been tests, unfortunately they were bias tests performed by their own "engineers" not those who rel on consumer reports. Shell takes my vote still! Stop that gunky build up...lol

·
Registered
360 Posts
I haven't seen any Sunoco and BP around here...and no more Circle K's. Only Exxon/Mobil, Chevron and Shell are the major gas staions. i perfer Chevron

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
I'm not sure they are any different other than the additives. I live by a gas truck gas station and have seen many different brand trucks filling up there. Granted they do probably have 10 or more huge tanks, but its hard to believe that each "brand" has its own storage tank. Check out Kinder Morgan - Home Page IMO a busy gas station is a good gas station.

·
Banned
848 Posts
I'm not sure they are any different other than the additives. I live by a gas truck gas station and have seen many different brand trucks filling up there. Granted they do probably have 10 or more huge tanks, but its hard to believe that each "brand" has its own storage tank. Check out Kinder Morgan - Home Page IMO a busy gas station is a good gas station.

Each has its own storage tank? I doubt. Own solution and additives for a better grade/quality fuel? yes!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i just dont wanna always get gas from holiday, right next to my house and then have my valves get all shizzly

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've always heard good stuff about sunoco, but I personally use shell V-Power. They claim it is 98 octane, im not sure if it actually is though. Just be aware that the "knock-off"gas stations are going to be off lesser quality (most of the time).

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Gas evaporates the same amount weather your tank is half full or full it doesnt matter, its a good practice to keep your tank atleast half full to keep your fuel pump cool.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts