Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just filled up at the gas station, but my tank was just spewing gas out. No leaks or anything, just coming straight out of the top. The gauge read low fuel, and by the time i got done it was about halfway full, so there must have really been only about a gallon left when I started filling up. What could be the problem?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The spot you put the nozzle isn't at the top of the tank :confused:

Is it coming out of the tank itself or by the gas door?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The spot you put the nozzle isn't at the top of the tank :confused:

Is it coming out of the tank itself or by the gas door?
Yeah, there are no leaks in the tank itself so its not coming out of the top of the tank, out of the gas door instead.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Well I'd say either your tank was full and the nozzle was messed up or the anti siphon / fuel cutoff part at the end of the filler neck in the tank for some reason got stuck closed.

I wouldn't worry about it much until you try a different pump.

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
yeah.. replacing the hose is a good idea though. saves you alot of trouble down the road..mine busted & leaked a FULL tank of gas all over the gas station and the fire department had to come save the day lmao

·
Registered
68 Posts
Might wanna check the filler neck gasket? mine went 6 months ago and i filled my tank and half of it went on the ground.. Its not a hard fix and cost like $15 for a new gasket

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
Could be. We'll find out when the mods look at the report and ban him for having multiple accounts :D
already done...a few names of people that are on here that are dumb enough to make a second account to try and get at me come to mind....however it's more of a sucks for them sorta thing :lmao

perma banned...now i just need to look at other peoples accounts that i've made butt hurt and see who else got banned

1 - 18 of 18 Posts