Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
revived pony
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just recently got an 06 gt and found that i can put about 1/2 tank of gas in it before spitting back out.did some searching and seen its a common issue from day 1.i searched this form and didn't find anything about it but maybe im using it wrong,things have change on here since the last time ive posted.just curious if there's a right fix to this other than the turn pump nossle (which i have not tried yet)

·
revived pony
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i haven't done anything but its doing well.i put the nozzle in like normal pull the the trigger full and let it flow and haven't had one problem with it. i do leave the car running.need to try it some time with the car off :smile2:

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
I just stopped caring lol. It happens almost every time I gas up, though I dd my vic so I dont drive my 07 much anymore. Regardless eventually Ill get around to doing the fix in that thread I linked to get rid of it entirely but until then Ill just live with it.

For a while I got sick and couldnt drive and my mom took my dads truck when she gave her car to my little sister for college (have I lost you yet lol) my dad drove my 07 and never had a problem filling up. At that same time he also started using 87 even though its tuned for 93... luckily our cars have adaptive spark lol.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
I just stopped caring lol. It happens almost every time I gas up, though I dd my vic so I dont drive my 07 much anymore. Regardless eventually Ill get around to doing the fix in that thread I linked to get rid of it entirely but until then Ill just live with it.

For a while I got sick and couldnt drive and my mom took my dads truck when she gave her car to my little sister for college (have I lost you yet lol) my dad drove my 07 and never had a problem filling up. At that same time he also started using 87 even though its tuned for 93... luckily our cars have adaptive spark lol.
It'll never hurt to run a lower octane than you are tuned for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts