Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, this might be a silly question, but for H/C/I upgrade, what all gaskets are needed besides the obvious? I have the head gaskets, valve cover gaskets, upper/lower intake gaskets. What am I missing? I've never done this job before, and want to start this weekend. Also, recommendations on where to buy any needed/missing parts. Thanks in advance fellas.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
timing cover gasket then you should be good

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
timing cover gasket. Got it. Thank you Hatch.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
which heads you runnin? not many heads run stock spark plugs. Do yourself a favor and drain the coolant before starting it, when you pull the first lower head bolt out youll find yourself in a big ass coolant mess

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im gonna put on a pair of Trick flow twisted wedges, I've also got a cobra upper/lower intake, and a Trick Flow stage one cam. Also MAF/injectors, TB, and the car already has X pipe exhaust. Its a start I guess. :)

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Throttlebody and Egr gaskets. Or make them yourself out of a blank sheet of gasket material that you can buy at an autoparts store. Hard to find larger TB gaskets.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I have the throttle body gasket, but if not, the autolite 3924 is the matching gasket I take it?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats what happens when I try to think without coffee LOL. Thanks Matt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts