Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've got something strange with my cluster going on.

The cluster mostly lights up and everything operates fine...to a degree.

I don't have a Seatbelt Light, E-Brake Light, or an "O/D OFF" light. Also, the O/D switch on my gear shift (4R70W) does nothing. I can't turn Over Drive off at all and the light is not functional as I said.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
hold the reset trip and start your car... hold it for about 5 seconds after your car is started then your gauges should "Sweep" if they all sweep they should be good, then click the reset trip a few times and there should be one where all the lights come on... that should tell you which lights are out. this will reset your trip count though

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hold the reset trip and start your car... hold it for about 5 seconds after your car is started then your gauges should "Sweep" if they all sweep they should be good, then click the reset trip a few times and there should be one where all the lights come on... that should tell you which lights are out. this will reset your trip count though
Yeah, I love that trick, and the digital tach that comes along with it too. :cool:
I know which ones are out, I'm just unsure of the best method of fixing those lights, as well as fixing my O/D switch. I know overdrive works; I feel the tranny shift into it all the time. I just have no way to shut it off because the switch won't function on the shifter, and there is also not a functioning O/D light on the cluster.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
try checking all your fuses?

and if you do the trick it will tell you if the lights really out too :D but yeah its probly just a fuse or something

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
Should have gotten a manual.... :D

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KHORS, buddy, I WILL kill you if you start a Manual vs. Auto battle on my thread!!!! Don't be that guy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts