Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Roush Stage 2 Clone ;)
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys. I'm looking intonswappinf out my stock guage cluster on my 2000 gt tons steeda, ford racing, or cobra gauge cluster. What all will I have to do to keep my mileage on the cluster that's goin in the car? And what all is involved in swapping then? What will I have to remove to get it out? Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
Just remove the old cluster and install the new one. IIRC, you have to take it to ford and mess with the PATs system. As far as the mileage, remove it from your cluster and install it onto the new cluster.

There are a few threads floating around here. Search for them and the info you need is there.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
To swap mileage, there is a board on the back with the mileage on it. Pretty much the entire back board swaps over to make it simpler, but if you're going to a different style (GT to Cobra) the boards may not be compatible. Only difference on the Mach1/Bullitt are the fonts and redline I believe.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
To swap mileage, there is a board on the back with the mileage on it. Pretty much the entire back board swaps over to make it simpler, but if you're going to a different style (GT to Cobra) the boards may not be compatible. Only difference on the Mach1/Bullitt are the fonts and redline I believe.
^ this...

The accumulated mileage is stored in non-volatile RAM in the cluster microcontroller, as is a PATS security ID (SID) that is shared by the cluster controller and the PCM. Swapping the flexible circuit board is one way of "moving" the mileage, the other is to have a Ford dealer use their IDS (Integrated Diagnostic System) to program the new cluster with the proper mileage. They can also use the IDS to reset the PATS security ID that the cluster and PCM share.

Woodman is also correct about the GT/Cobra circuit incompatibility, and the Mach1/Bullitt compatibility...

Reactions: Woodman

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
I just installed the brains onto the back of my new gauge cluster and retained all the factory setting.

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you want to keep the mileage you can change out the circuit boards within the clusters. If you open up the back of the cluster you will see a little circuit board for the odometer that is connected to a bigger circuit board. Just take that bigger circuit board out and install it in the new cluster.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Add me to the list of people that are running 03/04 Cobra gauges by only disabling PATS.

It's still reading the correct mileage stored in the ECM.
That's interesting. I had 62k on my GT cluster when I sold it and now read 49k on my 03/04 Cobra cluster

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
4POINT6
429 Posts
Very easy. I just put mach 1 gauges in my car. Like everyone said, you swap the huge circuit board which is the size of the whole gauge cluster. I was confused when I did my swap because all I read was circuit board. Didn't explain which one. Do led swaps while you're in there ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts