Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading somewhere if i get an after market gauge cluster i have to have the pats system turned of in order for my car to start after installing the new cluster is this correct?

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Are you looking to replace the entire gauge cluster or just do something like the reverse glow gauges that AM carries? If you're doing something like these Mustang White Face Reverse Glow Gauges (99-04 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! then there's no need to disable PATS. However if you have a tuner you might as well disable PATS anyways so it never gives you trouble. I think it has to be custom written into a tune though.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no the whole gauge cluster cause i found one of those autometer gauge clusters for sale that im most likely going to buy, i just didn't wanna install it and then be ****ed cause i don't have a tuner. And also if those ones sell before i can get them ill go with a set of the simco ones

·
Registered
631 Posts
I think hes talking about the cluster autometer makes... I'd def. turn off the pats before installing it...

@Mcqueen: unless you have sniper :woot

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i found one like that but cheaper haha after i buy it ill give you my source they only have limited quantity also the simco gauges are cheaper then them

·
Registered
631 Posts
^Oh, im not gonna do it anymore.. I had thought about and had that link saved..

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i just find our stock gauges so boring and the overlays i dont really like

·
Registered
461 Posts
Anyone know a place to find digital replacements for the factory dash?

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
If you get just a cover, then no reset needed..

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
I'm getting one of these down the road, hate how they are so pricey though. I also can't seem to understand why simco made the back lighting less appealing by making it aqua green rather than the blue. I would get one if it was identical..

I'm going to keep my eye out too.. :rockon

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so for a straight answer i have to have PATS disabled to install a full cluster right?

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
I'm getting one of these down the road, hate how they are so pricey though. I also can't seem to understand why simco made the back lighting less appealing by making it aqua green rather than the blue. I would get one if it was identical..

I'm going to keep my eye out too.. :rockon
i liked the aqua green :yes

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
i liked the aqua green :yes
the reason I dislike it is because I can't color match it to the LEDs in my head unit I'm getting. The head unit has adjustable colors but I see no aqua green :mad:

·
Registered
631 Posts
i think summit sells the autometer cluster cheaper than that site qwiksilver
you're right 40 dollars cheaper, OP i went and looked at those simco gauges.. I kinda like them better than the autometers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts