Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body have any experience with Prosport Gauges ?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Vista, they seem pretty decent from their web site, been around for quite awhile, decent priced and come with a 1 year warranty. Just looking to see what the experiences are with them as I am not for sure which brand I'm going with.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Autometer... why not go with the best?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I know several people running them with no problems at all. The only bad thing I have heard about it that they will not fit any of the Speed-of-Sound gauge pods, something about being to long or having a funky shape, never did get a real answer besides that they just won't fit.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just don't expect your Autometer wideband to be very accurate. Anything other gauges, Autometer FTW.
LOL! " Buy autometer! They are the best!...but not the really important gauge that could save your motor "

All joking aside, autometer makes some really nice gauges that will without a doubt last a long time. I had a fuel pressure gauge mounted to the cowling on my fox body and even though it wasn't exactly made to be exposed to the elements it never had a single problem. If you are on a budget and like the look of the prosport get them, if you have the money get the autometer cobalts as they match the factory gauges better than anything else.

Personally I really like the look of dual aeroforce interceptor gauges. I can then add an O2 sensor and either a mapsensor for boost or a bottle pressure sensor if I decide to go nitrous.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Well, hey it's the truth .. There was a thread on S197Forum where numerous people had Autometer a/f widebands and they were off a full point compared to say an AFM1000 labgrade wideband.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I've heard some pretty bad results from them. What kind of gauge(s) do you need?

Looking for Wideband A/F and probly a mechanical boost, why can ya hep a brother out :D

I've been looking and looking, ya'll know the drill. Any way my first choice is the autometer then I stumble across these so just wondered what if any good or bad 411 on them !

Thanks for the input guy's

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
what kind of tuner do you have? I have an A/F but when I am in Boost I am all about driving and don't try reading a gauge.... I do datalog with my SCT3 my first run at the track if something doesn't feel right

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Running the SCT2, have not messed with data logging yet. If I read the notes correctly the Autometer does have Peak recall option so that is a plus till I figure out the data logging bit.

Like I mentioned above the Autometer's are my first choice but then ran across these so just curious.

Thanks again !

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have read conflicting stories about the Prosport gauges... Some say they are a good alternative for the price then others relate them to crap cause of the import scene.

I have not ever read until now however that they don't work with the SOS Pods. I know the Glowshift don't work, but again, I haven't read that they won't work. :/

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I personally don't run them, so I can't really say how good they are. Personally I have autometer gauges, but my friend hasn't complained about them at all...so maybe they're alright.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
1 - 17 of 17 Posts