Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i could have called this post gauge install for dummies, short story as you all know i recently purchased a 04 gt 40k miles...great car no complaints anyway the previous owner installed color changing whatever white faced gauges well they look cool and all, personally i spend my money on performance rather than cosmetic..well i started noticing my rpm gauge sticking at random rpms..it drove me nuts..so today i took the time to disassemble the gauge cluster to find out that not only was half the head light knob cracked one t-15 torks missing!, at the dash bezel and the other DESTROYED! as in striped out beyond removing..so after an a hour of frustration got the screw out..pulled the cover well the gauges were the type that overlap the original without removing the needles and also did not have any adhesive ,thats why the rpm gauge was sticking rubbing against the gauges...makeshift electric tape splicing into my dimmer switch! to end this rant on a kind note ..its doesnt take anymore time to have the right tools to do a job...and yes i ripped it all out and my originals look great and rpm wines up perfect ....sorry about the rambling needed to vent lol

tony..

·
Registered
328 Posts
hmm thats to bad i have those gauges and i like as long as you keep it on green instead of blue or it looks too ricey. but its would be pretty hard to f**k it up in the first place guess the guy before just sucked at DIY

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when it was on blue it didnt look bad ...i may go with something like autometer in the future

·
Registered
922 Posts
when they stick like that, all you have to do is lift up on the needles so that they sit a little higher. Fixed.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
You can get custom gauges at caribbeancustomdesign.com for 60something bucks and they look great. They also have a kit to change the radio buttons to blue instead of green

1 - 5 of 5 Posts