Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for ideas on gauge displays for the parameters the ECU sees. I know there are a lot of scanners and displays for OBDII ports, but I was wondering if anyone had experience and liked the operation of any ones in particular. I want to be able to see actual IAT and water temp all of the time. Thanks!

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Then just get aftermarket gauges.

:2cents

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen an SCT Livewire in action and they're pretty sweet. A bit on the expensive side but they'll do what you want.
I already have an SCT setup for tuning, so I feel like maybe it's duplicating it. That model tunes as well I think.

Aftermarket gauges are great for somethings, but seeing all the ECU params live is much better than trying to get a ton of gauges. Plus, what gauge will show you timing?

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
I think one or some of the gauges that Joe from Trick Tuners sells will show you all the OBDII information.

·
Registered
244 Posts
aeroforce makes a gauge that plugs in to your obdII and i think you can display up to 4 different settings at once

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PLX Devices has a nice one too.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
That is so fuggin pimp. I want that.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Yeah, I was going to get one from Joe and put it in my rear view like he did but after talking with him I decided that I really wont need it.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I will probably never need all of that info either, but it is cool to have. Overkill is nice every once and a while. This is kinda like using napalm to get rid of a rat problem though. Honestly, who gives a **** though it is cool. :D

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
:D agreed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts