Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. What are good brands of gauges to go with?

2. I want to do wideband and boost. Do i need an o2 sensor to go with the wideband gauge? I have a prochamber where is the best place to weld it in? EDIT: What else do i need to buy for the wideband to work? Some expensive wiring that goes to the o2?

3.Where is the most common place to t into the vacuum line for the boost gauge?

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
1. I prefer Autometer, mainly for the look/cost.

2. Yes, a WBO2 gauge will require a WBO2 sensor to show any reliable data. The best place to install the sensor is before the catalytic converters (if your car has them).

3. That really depends on each particular blower setup.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
My vacuum/boost gauge T's on a line right behind the throttle body.

·
Registered
103 Posts
What type of set-up are you running? There's no need for boost if you're not supercharged or turboed.

I use AEM digital gauges for my set-up. For the wideband, unless other brands are different, the AEM wideband gauge comes with the extra O2 sensor and the necessary wiring harness. The only other thing you would need is possibly an "Add a circuit" fuse piggyback/pigtail to get power to the gauge.

My wideband sensor bung is welded into my BBK X-pipe, just after the long tube interface on the driver side. Some people weld them right into the long tubes themselves. Placement might be different for a turbo set-up, do a search.

My vacuum/boost gauge T's into the line coming off the blow-off valve.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a p1sc supercharger on my car

shouldnt i have it bunged into the prochamber so it reads both sides o\f tthe motor?

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
If you're concerned about getting readings from both cylinder banks, you'll need two sensors. The sensor will get an inaccurate/delayed reading in your muffler, both due to the airflow characteristics of a muffler vs. a piece of tubing and due to the distance from the cylinders.

It's typical to only sample from one bank, and to put the sensor either in the header collector or in the downtube before the catalytic converter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts