Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting a 3 gauge set up for my NA Bullitt, A/F, exhaust temp and FRPP obd2 fun gauge. What do you guys think would be the best setup for a NA car

·
Registered
354 Posts
Just get an aeroforce gauge, does everything.unless you like the look of 3 gauges

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
the gauge with an assortment of guages is...meh

I like being able to see on the fly what dafuq is going on

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
Don't really think you need the pyrometer. If your monitoring A/F your exhaust temps should be in line. Unless your monitoring individual cylinders for tuning I don't see much use for it. I would rather go for an oil pressure gauge. I've always prefer an aftermarket unit as most factory gauges are just an on/off type thing. If there is a certain minimum pressure it just reads good.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I would rather go for an oil pressure gauge. I've always prefer an aftermarket unit as most factory gauges are just an on/off type thing. If there is a certain minimum pressure it just reads good.
I agree. I don't trust my factory oil pressure or coolant temp gauges.

Sent from my LG-AS680 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
I agree. I don't trust my factory oil pressure or coolant temp gauges.

Sent from my LG-AS680 using AutoGuide App

Well at least the factory cylinder head temp gauge moves up and down. That oil press gauge just sits there.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Are you ever running boost? I think what I would do is a A/F gauge like the Dynojet Commander; awesome gauge! I would than do an Aeroforce gauge since it's so damn versatile.

Well at least the factory cylinder head temp gauge moves up and down. That oil press gauge just sits there.
Factory CHT sensor is in a horrible spot and doesn't do much good. So if you're going to run a CHT sensor you need to relocate.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
How are you going to mount them? I have an SOS center dash 3 guage pod sitting on my work bench if you are interested. I have to find the fasteners but I'm sure they are around somewhere. I don't have the template for drilling the holes but you can probably figure that out. And I think you can download it from the SOS website anyways.

·
Turbo Maniac
437 Posts
If I was gonna be just N/A, I think A/F, Oil pressure and coolant temp would be my three. I also don't trust the factory gauges.

SOS does have other cool ways to mount gauges. My radio panel has 2 gauges and a switch, but it could have been setup as 3 gauges.

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
I'm loving the idea of an aeroforce in the speed of sound cup holder delete, or in a roush vent pod

Sent from Area 51

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
I honestly like PLXs ODBII Gauge, I have one in my car, completely customizeable, and can display anything that your ECU sees, in either graph or gauge form.

·
cammed, geared, and blown
1,919 Posts
I'm loving the idea of an aeroforce in the speed of sound cup holder delete, or in a roush vent pod

Sent from Area 51
I'm sorry, but a gauge in a cupholder doesn't seem practical at all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts