Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gettin some gauges for my car and i'm gettin the full a pillar from summit and it has holes for 3 2 1/16 gauges I'm for sure getting air to fuel ratio and i thought about getting a vacuum gauge but i'm not sure what that is i want all the holes filled any suggestions?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I really wanted the auto meter ecometer but they only fit cars from like 2004 on up and only 05 and up mustangs if someone has seen another brand or one like it that will hook up to my car i would appreciate it

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Ok, so what are you asking?

·
~C~, The Other White Meat!
1,623 Posts
suggestions:

1. Use some punctuation.
2. Form sentences in coherent questions.
3. Research.
4. Clarify.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
155 Posts
Don't I already have 2 of the three? Would the new ones be more accurate or why do you suggest those?
Don't I already have 2 of the three? Would the new ones be more accurate or why do you suggest those?[/QUOTE]
What is your main purpose for getting the guages? Are you just getting them for looks? Sure you can get by fine with the factory guages. There are plenty of other guages that may look cool but really dont help out & the info they provide wont make much difference. The factory water temp & oil pressure guage gives you a range of where your at, the autometer gives you actual #s. The fuel pressure guage is great for tuning purposes & plus you dont have one that came stock.
What mods do you have on your car now? What are your goals for the car?
Unless your car is boosted what are you really going to get out of a vaccum guage? If you have a blower or turbo then yeah you need a Boost/vacuum guage. If your car is stock then the guages are pretty much going to be for looks anyway so its all up to what you want, these guages are just my own opinion of what would be more important to have.

·
1,623 Posts
Ecometer from Auto Meter
It looks pretty useless to me. You should know if you driving conservative or not. I would stick to the more usefull guages like water temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure.
Don't I already have 2 of the three? Would the new ones be more accurate or why do you suggest those?
You dont have Fuel pressure or water temp with the stock gauges.

What is your main purpose for getting the guages? Are you just getting them for looks? Sure you can get by fine with the factory guages. There are plenty of other guages that may look cool but really dont help out & the info they provide wont make much difference. The factory water temp & oil pressure guage gives you a range of where your at, the autometer gives you actual #s. The fuel pressure guage is great for tuning purposes & plus you dont have one that came stock.
What mods do you have on your car now? What are your goals for the car?
Unless your car is boosted what are you really going to get out of a vaccum guage? If you have a blower or turbo then yeah you need a Boost/vacuum guage. If your car is stock then the guages are pretty much going to be for looks anyway so its all up to what you want, these guages are just my own opinion of what would be more important to have.

You actually don't need the gauge if you are boosted, but it is a nice to have. Only after boosting my whip did I add an a/f ratio and a boost gauge. It would be nice to have fuel pressure, but I am sure it would make me worry way more about detonation then I already do!

·
1,623 Posts
If you are boosted then you really do need a boost/vacuum guage. Knowing how much boost your making helps when tuning.
I dont know for sure and can't argue it persay, but per the tuners I know, it isn't needed.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2002 mustang gt I have another motor i am going to drop in it that will be stroked and bored to about 305 cubic inches. I will put some patriot performance stage 2 heads (i know stage 3 or trick flow is better i just got an amazing deal) The heads will be ported and polished. I'll have an aftermarket intake manifold and pretty much all of the bolt ons and a custom tune. I do not plan to boost but I want a vacuum gauge for particular reasons and they only offer a boost/vacuum in this type of gauge. I need two other gauges that are basically for show but if it is possible i'd like them to be somewhat helpful. If not then I'll take what i can get thanks for all of the input.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I dont know for sure and can't argue it persay, but per the tuners I know, it isn't needed.
Yeah you can run boost without a guage but why would you not want to know how much boost is being made? Unless they are using some type of datalogger & logging info to see how much boost is being made I wouldn't think they are getting the most out of the tunes. I know I wouldn't want someone tuning my car if they dont know how much boost its making. I always liked knowing how much boost I was making max & @ what rpms also. That would kinda be like running nitrous without knowing what size HP shot your running...lol

All the tuners & racers I know & seen running turbos or blowers have boost guages even when using a datalogging device & seem to find them important.

·
Registered
155 Posts
2002 mustang gt I have another motor i am going to drop in it that will be stroked and bored to about 305 cubic inches. I will put some patriot performance stage 2 heads (i know stage 3 or trick flow is better i just got an amazing deal) The heads will be ported and polished. I'll have an aftermarket intake manifold and pretty much all of the bolt ons and a custom tune. I do not plan to boost but I want a vacuum gauge for particular reasons and they only offer a boost/vacuum in this type of gauge. I need two other gauges that are basically for show but if it is possible i'd like them to be somewhat helpful. If not then I'll take what i can get thanks for all of the input.
With the plans you have, for the other 2 guages I think you should at least go with a water temp & oil pressure guages just for a little added insurance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts