Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm looking at getting sum gauges. Should I get the speed of sound pillar and gauges or should I just sell my SCT x3 and get the SCT livewire TS?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I like the speed of sound pillar with the aero force, that's one of my next mods, I hate that bc my car is a base package I don't have an oil pressure gauge which I feel is a must, plus from my understanding our cars read a/f ratio in wide band so with future mods planned itd be nice to see that as well and the are force does them both and lots more, best part, it's plug and play no hoses/ wires just plug into obd port. You can read cel codes and virtually anything you want on the are force gauges just my opinion

·
Registered
334 Posts
I got the speed of sound pillar, it was the only one that you could do more than one gauge on or the only one I could find for the 11 and up. I put the auto meter cobalt boost/vac and the air fuel. I'm not thrilled about the air/fuel so, I'm going to get the aero force.

·
Thread Destroyer
258 Posts
I like the speed of sound pillar with the aero force, that's one of my next mods, I hate that bc my car is a base package I don't have an oil pressure gauge which I feel is a must, plus from my understanding our cars read a/f ratio in wide band so with future mods planned itd be nice to see that as well and the are force does them both and lots more, best part, it's plug and play no hoses/ wires just plug into obd port. You can read cel codes and virtually anything you want on the are force gauges just my opinion
i agree with this guy 100%. The sos pillar and the aero force gauges are sexy and is my next mod also, bc my car is a base and i want to moniter my a/f ratio and my oil pressure. for the dual gauges and the dual pod your looking at around 550$. Thats cheaper and easier then if you was to get all the gauges to read what these can. btw you also dont need both of them you can just get the single one for around 200$ plus the pod.

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
After having pillar guages in my '02, I've never been a fan. Mainly because I kept hitting my head on the damn things getting in and out.

Have you looked into the Boss Laguna Seca gauge cluster for the center of the dash?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
After having pillar guages in my '02, I've never been a fan. Mainly because I kept hitting my head on the damn things getting in and out.

Have you looked into the Boss Laguna Seca gauge cluster for the center of the dash?
Do you sweep your head accross the dashboard when getting out of the car? :crazy

·
Thread Destroyer
258 Posts
im 6'4" and i've honestly never had a problem with the pillar guages and i've had them in my 04 gt and have them in my current truck... but then again im fairly thin so i dont have much trouble getting around them. i also don't know if its true or not, but i've heard you have to drill holes for the boss pods and im not a fan of drilling holes into my dash.

·
Thread Destroyer
258 Posts
ya and dash's are cheap!? plus why pay for the boss one when you can get the pillar one for the 1/3 of the price. you go ahead and do the boss one and drill into your dash and I'll go the more practical way without the damaging of my car and use the pillar. if i don't like it or i sell the car and take them out it won't have holes drilled into it i have to fix.

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
i think im just going to get a wireless obd2 adapter and buy an app on my iphone to monitor my wideband.... cheapest solution

·
Registered
513 Posts
Does anyone know if on our cars to see oil pressure on the Aero force gauges do we need there oil pressure kit that's sold separately? Wouldn't think so but figured I'd double check

·
Registered
334 Posts
Get a roush gauge pod and an AEM Failsafe Wideband gauge.

It's got everything you need (Boost / AF) in one gauge. So you'll have everything you need!

AEM Electronics Wideband Failsafe Gauge - Justin's Performance Center

Roush AC Vent Pod (2010-2013) - Justin's Performance Center
How difficult is this gauge to install? I have the Auto Meter cobalt air/fuel right now but I'm thinking it isn't the right one for my car. The shop that did the install had to buy a O2 sensor kit "for it to work right". Can I just take the gauge out and hook it up or since the one I have uses a O2 sensor kit, would it have to be completely re-done?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well just pulled the trigger to jayman33 (Hypermotive performance) went with speed of sound 2 gauge pod, innovate motorsports digital a/f gauge and boost/vacuum gauge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts