Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a steal on some 4:10s and a Fr 31 spline diff with install kit(250 all) my question is that is this too much gear for my nitrous, I rarely use it but want to be able to, and will the gears be too much for my clutch?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think they say to do the 3.73s for nitrous.. or FI.. not sure.. i just ordered some 4.10s so don't quote me on it.. obviously you aren't running nitrous all the time.. but when you are.. i'm sure you'll need to have your hand on stand by for a quick shift haha and i hope the gears aren't too much for your clutch.. cuz that means i'll have to replace it too :(

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a window switch for the nitrous and a zex kit so I mean its all controlled right?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
you will be fine running that gear with n2o.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks man, im loving those springs too

·
Registered
258 Posts
Are you doing the install yourself? If so you will already have all new bearings, shims, diff, and axles. If you don't like the 4:10's you could pick up a set of up a set of 3:73's or 3:90's later on down the road.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A Ford master tech is charging my 200 for the whole install in the rear and the 31 spline swap

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking and Idk rather have more gear than go less for nitrous. I rarely spray and just driving around this s better

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how bad is the quality of summit ring and pinions? he wants 250 for it all and 200 for the diff

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
picked up all the stuff he had for 250, got brand new summit gears, FRPP 31 spline Diff, install kit and lube needed=)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so get me all hyped now why dont you! how will my zex feel on this gear;)

·
Shake N' Bake
5,698 Posts
i think its a blast, itd be even better if i could get the power to the ground :lol my sumi's dont like nitrous torque

and i love having 4.10s while I'm running n/a

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
That's a hell of a deal for parts and install. As long as you run good tires and don't spray a huge amount in 1st, you'll be completely fine. With that being said though, I do wish I went with 3.73s since my car isn't going to be staying NA and it's also my daily driver. I sprayed a 100 shot on high performance street tires and 1st and half of 2nd was pretty useless.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's a hell of a deal for parts and install. As long as you run good tires and don't spray a huge amount in 1st, you'll be completely fine. With that being said though, I do wish I went with 3.73s since my car isn't going to be staying NA and it's also my daily driver. I sprayed a 100 shot on high performance street tires and 1st and half of 2nd was pretty useless.
i have drag radials so im gonna set up to spray in second

·
Registered
258 Posts
i have drag radials so im gonna set up to spray in second
Well you already had drag radials and suspension looks a 31 spline setup is all your were missing. It's going to be nice to put all of that power from the nitrous to the ground. And you can do it without fear of breaking something in the rear.:D

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well since I bought most of my parts now let me give you a run down of what this swap has actually costed me. I did this with all great parts on an amazing craigslist budget. looking around for good deals really helps.

$250 got me a FRPP 31 spline trac lock, 4.10 gears, master install kit, all new synthetic fluids
$180 was brand new 31 spline moser axles with new bearings. I still need lug studs
$200 gets me a full install by a ford master tech

lets do some math here, I paid 630 dollars for a fully installed and built rear end that easily would have gone to 1200 dollars

1 - 20 of 21 Posts